Dave W
See you then Greg
--

November 15, 2016 at 4:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'Day all  How many do we have for Thursday Morning? Cheers Dando

November 15, 2016 at 8:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

I will be there Greg if I don't get called into work. Cheers Todd.

November 16, 2016 at 1:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Hi Dando, about 8 so far, probably a few more will turn up as the morning progress's.

November 16, 2016 at 5:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

What a great day at the field today. Although it was hard work, the number of helping hands made light work of the turf laying. One thing that comes out of these occasions is the commradary that comes to life when a group of like-minded people come together. It gives everyone a sense of pride of ownership in there club and it's ongoing development. No one was safe from ridicule or sarcastic inuendo's today as the morning progressed. I can finally see a landing strip that is long enough and wide enough for me to possibly????? land on. Looking forward to trying it out in the next few days. Cheers Toddy.

November 17, 2016 at 5:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

I would like to thank the members that helped in the turf laying, over the last couple of weeks. The new field is starting to look very impressive, with its 150mtr landing strip, well done guys.

November 17, 2016 at 5:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'Day all Very few clubs can boast facilities like ours. In such a short time we have achieved much give yourselves a pat on the back. It it fun to attend a working bee to work along such good people Dando

November 18, 2016 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
I have been offered a large amount of fill to use on our road project. It is soil dug out on a mates property where he built his shed. There is approximately 40 to 50 cubic meters of soil and decomp granite. The problem is, it is located out at Greymere about 20 minutes out of town, and getting it to our field is going to be difficult. I am now looking for someone with a dump truck and loader who can move it for us. So if you know someone who can help please let me know.
December 1, 2016 at 7:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Coming up shortly is the road building & carpark upgrade, in which we need to move the existing 3x3 shed(empty shed) & move the fencing material & Portaloo to the southern side of the machinery shed. This has to happen before the end of Feb. Also we will need to mow all of the airfield. We also need to do some landscaping on the side of airfield where the windsock is located as the area is being eroded by rain, planting of grass & installing railway sleepers will slow things down until grass takes affect. The fencing from the corner to the gate way, were the machinery shed is located, needs to be done before the road is formed as the fence will give a defined area for the grader to site on. Also the irrigation pipe work needs to be trenched, in the not to distant future, as somebody will no doubt crash into it and not blame themselves. So there is a lot of work to be done in preperation for the Council grader & associated works before the end of Febuary. Dennis Mooney has a car trailer that we can use to transport shed on but we need to clean it out first. Please contact me if you can help in the near future.

January 17, 2017 at 5:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Not available this weekend sorry but any weekend after that, just let me know.
January 17, 2017 at 8:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'Day all  GBAR are you calling for a working bee and for what part did you intend to do first?  Cheers Dando

January 18, 2017 at 4:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

If members want to turn up on Saturday morning and start moving items up to the new shed & if Dennis can bring his car trailer we can load the shed onto it and move it up also. The fencing material can also be moved up to the shed area. I'll see about organizing a trenching machine so that the sprinkler pipe can be buried also on Saturday. That would be a start on the list. Might take 2-3 hrs to shift shed & bury pipe, maybe we could start on the retaining wall next to the windsock pole.

January 18, 2017 at 6:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Dennis will bring his car trailer around 7.30 on Saturday to help with moving shed. Will start digging holes for fence also.

January 19, 2017 at 6:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Thanks to the members that showed up today, we managed to move the old shed & contents up to the new shed site. Thanks also to Steve Todd for mowing & brushcutting this afternoon.

January 21, 2017 at 5:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'day all  Is there a working bee for today sunday? if so sorry cannot attend only got the message sat night need more notice cheers Dando

February 4, 2017 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

If you recieved a message Dando you are 1 up on me?? I didnt know of any working bee for this Sunday. Club day BBQ & meeting.

February 5, 2017 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'Day GBAR  what was the 7am start for ? I took it to be for a working bee? Cheers Dando

February 5, 2017 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Working bee for Saturday morning from 6am to 9 am to beat the heat. Mainly concrete post in. Does anybody have a electric cement mixer that they can lend the club??. With 2 mixers going we can concrete a lot more posts in and it will give Merry something to do!!!

February 8, 2017 at 8:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

...GBAR, you do realise that Merry looks at this site... Them's fightin' words...

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

February 9, 2017 at 5:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

It looks like Merry is going to be very busy keeping water up to everyone.

February 9, 2017 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Jun 28 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, Jul 2 at 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Jul 5 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Monday, Jul 10 at 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

News

by Peter T | 1 comment
by Tony D | 0 comments
by Peter T | 0 comments

Recent Videos