Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > New Airfield

Merry

What a fantastic turnout of members we had at the field, to concrete the posts in. Greg had envisaged that we would only get half them done, but with the great turnout all of them are in.
THANKYOU to everyone you gave a hand!!!

February 11, 2017 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'Day all  WOW another day like sat morning and we will knock the rest of the side fencing on the head, for the people who missed out this time make sure you come to the next working bee or you will miss out mixing with a great bunch of  mates, the 6am start was perfect and I countered at least 20 roos on the grounds when I drove in.Dando

February 11, 2017 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

When is the next working bee 

February 28, 2017 at 8:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel
Happy 1th birthday Barclay Field! One year on and a lot has changed. Still a ways to go, but well done everyone.
--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

March 1, 2017 at 3:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR
Working bee this Saturday from 7am- 10am. Run wire & install chain wire. Probably trench poly pupevin around field. Need to get things ready for open day.
March 5, 2017 at 4:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
I will try and make it.
March 5, 2017 at 7:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'Day all   Count me in for saturday  Ando

March 5, 2017 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Don't forget to reply to Martin's email about the proposed ammendments to the SDRC planning scheme effecting the property to the South of us. If it goes ahead, someone in the future could build a huge piggery, poultry farm or some other highly stinky business, without first needing to gain permission from neighbouring properties or anyone down-wind. The area/business would become "Self Assessing" in any complaint about noise, pollution or other offence to neighbours.

The same thing is occurring to neighbours to Stanthorpe's Carnell Raceway. If it gets the nod, they could run events every weekend and complaints about noise from houses a hundred metres away will fall on deaf ears.

Let Martin know ASAP so we don't miss the boat...

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

March 5, 2017 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

Hi Marcel. It seems you have the wrong information about Carnel Raceway. Its exactly the opposite. Raceway has been there 4 years. Its the people buying in ( who new the raceway was there BEFORE they bought) who are the pain the the butt!!!!

--

March 7, 2017 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

My neibour has been raceing bikes at Carnel for years now and he claims that the raceway was built way outside the town boundaries so noise wouldnt be a problem, just like Morgan park. Then peolple started building around it because of cheap land and now they are all screaming about the noise. 

March 8, 2017 at 7:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

The drama is that council allowed an estate to be built there. You can't blame owners for being worried about their values plummeting due to the possibility of the raceway being used 3 times as much (or more) as it is currently allowed. With this new proposal, the council will be washing their hands of any future complaint, as it will be Self Assessing in regards to complaints. Just like a potential piggery near us.

Imagine if we were Self Assessing, any person or group that complains about us overflying their property or crashing in it, we would discuss amongst ourselves and find that there is no case for complaint. Done.

The owners near Carnel aren't complaining about the current use and noise, it's the future they're worried about. Same as us.

--

March 8, 2017 at 8:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Due to unforeseen circumstances i won't be able to make it on Saturday.
March 9, 2017 at 8:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'Day all  7 turned up for the working bee ran 240m of wire in 3.5 hour  well co-ordinated but  I was personally disappointed with the turn out. we could have done more maintence on the grounds Cheers Ando

March 11, 2017 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'Day all hows the field after the rain is the working b still on for tomorrow (Sunday)  Cheers Dando

March 18, 2017 at 5:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

The field is drying out nicely. The working B is still on but we will see about any rain developing in the morning. Martin will send out a text about 6.30am. 

March 18, 2017 at 7:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Warren

Sorry I can´t get there for working bee tomorrow.  Have a prior commitment to finish off a project for the school.

--

Warren.

March 18, 2017 at 8:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

The working bee is cancelled for today, due to weather. Flying is still on for the dedicated.

March 18, 2017 at 4:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

Well 5 of us there today and a lot was achieved.   WELL DONE!!!!
All the pipe is in the ground and Kelvin doesn't have to get on his exercise machine tonight.
We could have also gained 2 new members.

March 19, 2017 at 5:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

As Merry said the pipe is in the ground, no more worries about watering the field, once the untreated water from Connolly dam is connected(november) we can set up a ring main around the airfield & club house and water when we want. The water will be a lot cheaper from Connolly dam and we can connect the town water to the clubhouse for drinking & use the untreated water for toilets. Hopefully the roadbase & grader will be available this week so we can have an all weather road & car park ready for the 2nd of April.

March 19, 2017 at 6:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Sorry i missed the working bee. I was all ready to head out when the message came that it was cancelled so i decided to continue with the setup of my new workshop. I even had a helper ready to assist. I will be out there next weekend mowing the control line area plus anywhere else i can get to. I also have secured 6 large cans of line marking paint ready to mark out car parks and camping areas as well as the 30 meter safety line. I will be available on the opening day to man the simulators and assist in the shed with setting up the BBQs.
March 19, 2017 at 10:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

137 views - 0 comments
492 views - 1 comment
1015 views - 2 comments
1795 views - 0 comments