Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > New Airfield

GBAR

Just needs that 25mm more of rain to bring the seed up Grumpy. ;)

June 11, 2016 at 8:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy

GBAR at June 11, 2016 at 8:00 AM

Just needs that 25mm more of rain to bring the seed up Grumpy. ;)

Been doing a rain dance but I think I scared it away. Lol
June 11, 2016 at 8:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

You are going to have to start flying more Grumpy. Every afternoon the greatest number of roos can be found in your circle. I think they are waiting for a demonstration.

--

June 11, 2016 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Hold your horses Dave, before any public demonstration takes place, a risk assessment and field registration needs to be completed. In order to pass the risk assessment, a safety barrier needs to be in place to prevent any young joeys from accidentally wandering from the allocated seating and out into the circle during the demonstration. If that occurred, it would likely traumatise the mum and perhaps put future membership of any macropods in jeopardy... We don't want to risk that do we!?

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

June 11, 2016 at 9:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
They're probably lounging on the carpet waiting for the movie to start. Just hope they aren't eating all my new grass shoots. As for flying more, I'll have to build a model heavy enough that won't be affected by the gentle breeze we tend to get during winter.
June 11, 2016 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Don't you just put more right-thrust and right rudder into them?

All's well until you run out of fuel, then you have to start running backwards to keep tension on the wires when it's up-wind... been there before...

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

June 12, 2016 at 9:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Combat models can have up to 40 degrees of right thrust on the motor mount due to not having any rudder but stunt models have straight thrust with about ten degrees rudder. It's mostly centrifugal force and weight that keeps the lines tight. And yes, in strong winds they can blow towards you on the upwind glide with no motor power, that's part of the fun.
June 12, 2016 at 9:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

I was looking at Laser Kits at Hobbyking. I dont like them and yet they are like a magnet. At the moment they seem to have more control line models than normal and when I looked at the variety it came to me. Instead of barriers, stewards, committees both full and sub we can keep the skippy's away much easier. Grumpy can build or buy a jet bodied plane and attach shoo roos underneath like turbine engines. They make the plane look scale and keep the the little darlings away. Sorted

--

June 12, 2016 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

Heard the new field is looking lovely and green after the rain and even a heavy frost ....  Please don"t let those darn Roos read this post...    :)

June 13, 2016 at 9:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Dave W at June 12, 2016 at 11:58 PM

I was looking at Laser Kits at Hobbyking. I dont like them and yet they are like a magnet. At the moment they seem to have more control line models than normal and when I looked at the variety it came to me. Instead of barriers, stewards, committees both full and sub we can keep the skippy's away much easier. Grumpy can build or buy a jet bodied plane and attach shoo roos underneath like turbine engines. They make the plane look scale and keep the the little darlings away. Sorted

All of those kits at Hobbyking are rather small though...

You're full of good ideas Dave. Perhaps the control-line jet (with long-range drop tanks) could be attached to Merry's windsock. That should get it circling high enough so that it clears the shed and no one needs to hold on to the strings. Fill it up just before dark, launch it  and then retreive it at around 8 the next morning after it has run out of fuel, like the V1 Doodlebug. If the string is long enough, it will cover Grumpy's patch and ours as well!

Now I'm full of good ideas like Dave!

--

June 13, 2016 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Full of something. Anyone knows those ideas won't work. They always have a kamakazi roo that jumps in front of the moving object just as it passes, causing it to crash. You can see them all standing round picking who the unlucky bugger is for that day. I vote for bouncing Betty's or land mines.
June 13, 2016 at 10:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Are we charging the roos the new membership prices, if so we should be rich. There was about a hundred of them out there this afternoon. We need to have a working be up on the top road one day soon. A large tree has fallen across the fence and there is a lot of branches down as well.
June 16, 2016 at 7:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Does anyone need some firewood? Grumpy knows a good spot... There's about 100 free helpers... although depending on the time of day, they may simply stand around scratching their belly's. Kind of like council workers...

But not SDRC workers! That one that was driving the grader to level the strip did a fantastic job! Didn't even stop for smoko I'm told! He was awesome value for money.

--

June 16, 2016 at 8:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

I wasn't going to say anything until I had official confirmation, but seeing as $28600 odd has already been deposited into our bank account, I guess that's official enough...

Congratulations Helen, the grant you applied for in February was successful! This grant is from the Gambling Community Benefit Fund is for a storage shed, water tank to go with it and for construction of the Western boundary fence. The shed will be built by Ranbuild and the fence by Warwick Gates. The water tank was a price from Bunnings, but that's not locked in.

This was the grant spoken of at one stage by Helen, for she felt that our success would be unlikely due to past grants being awarded to much larger clubs and organisations. 

Glad to say that you were wrong with that one Helen!

Well done and thank you for the many hours you put into this grant Helen.

June 21, 2016 at 10:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mick

Way thats great news thanks to Helen's efforts we are on our way to having the facilities that the club desperately needs.

--
Don't forget to have fun :D
June 21, 2016 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'day all  May I also add my thanks and congratulations to Helen for all you have done for the club, Can I also suggest a price from a tank manufacturer I am sure after Farmfest they will talk turkey and deliver as Bunnings are a third party price Dando 

June 21, 2016 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

Wow .... fantastic news .... Thanks to Helen and  all involved ......Ken   :) 

June 22, 2016 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Great news but I was under the impression that any grant firstly had to go towards the entry road and all weather road from the gate to the club House.
June 22, 2016 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

We have approval for a grant to do the road and a seperate grant for Machinery shed/temp clubhouse up near the control line area & turn around for the road & for fencing & a rainwater tank. If you want to view the master plan give me a ring.

June 22, 2016 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
No worries. I want sure. That's great news. It all happening. Now we just need it to dry out enough to get out there and do some work. Thanks Helen and all involved.
June 22, 2016 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

137 views - 0 comments
492 views - 1 comment
1015 views - 2 comments
1795 views - 0 comments