Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > New Airfield

Cel

I haven't had time to have a look at the field, but GBAR tells me that the turf is green again, following a little browning off after the frost. It is also currently quite easy to see where we need to place our drain pipes!

GBAR said his shiny red ute didn't want to test to see how soft the ground was. Chicken... my Suby wouldn't have been scared... I just don't have the time right now to show you all...

Keep an eye out for any working-bee's coming up to get the drain pipes in. The road needs fixing before any shed can be delivered.

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

June 24, 2016 at 1:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
I'm going out tomorrow if it's fine to have a look at my circle to see if it sustained any damage.
--
June 24, 2016 at 2:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Some of the committee went out to the airfield on thursday and it was still quite wet, they ended up being taller than when they first arrived and we had another 13 or 14mm again thursday night & friday morning so be careful people as it is really soft. While you are there Grumpy can you shoo some of the 100 or so Kangaroos off the field, the amount of roo poo on the field is making it really hard to land. :lol:

June 24, 2016 at 3:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Well you won't want to be that bloke arriving late for flying day and get belly dragged along the runway. At least with the rain it will make good fertiliser.
June 24, 2016 at 5:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

Helen, A big thankyou to for all the hours & hours you put into doing the paper work for the grant application. Job well done, from each & every club member!   :)

June 24, 2016 at 6:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Well guys its down to the what colour shall we make the new shed, light green walls with a cream roof and heritage green gutters & facia's & green rolla doors or what colours???? SUGGESTIONS before Tuesday.

June 25, 2016 at 5:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

Could the decision for the colours be voted on by the members on the 3rd  then everyone will be happy with the majority vote and is there a meeting on the day as well ? I think we need another before the AGM don't we  Dando

June 25, 2016 at 5:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Only 2 committee members will be present and we were hoping to order the shed on Wednesday this week, so make suggestions for colours via website ASAP.

June 25, 2016 at 7:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
A shed is a shed. To be honest colour doesn't matter. Cream and green sounds good to me, it's not like we'll be living in it.
June 25, 2016 at 8:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vince

For what it is worth, the last shed I had built, I chose Colourbond Surfmist for everything, cladding, doors etc.  It's slightly off white, so it doesn't show the dirt, doesn't stand out or attract unwanted attention, but is much cooler on the warm days.  As we have many more warm days, than days like today (Sunday), I believe we should consider this colour.

June 25, 2016 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

This was discussed at some stage just prior to the submission of the Material Change of Use application that Helen submitted. The suggestion from Ranbuild was colours to blend in to the surroundings, so the MCU permit was approved using:

Walls – Pale Eucalypt

Roof – zincalume

Barge flashing – Classic Cream

Gutters Monument

This council may allow us to change colours, but we may need to ask first. 

June 26, 2016 at 5:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

I believe the colours have been settled with Surfmist for roof(off white) walls Eucalpts green, Barge flashing & gutters(heritage green) and roller doors Classic cream. Roof will be lined inside with insulation. Solar panels & charging station will be what ever.

June 26, 2016 at 6:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Hi everyone,

Just keeping you up to date with where we stand with our latest grant applications. We have just been notified by the MAAA Secretary that we have been successful in obtaining $5500 from the $10000 that we asked for. The amount we asked for was to supply materials to install a roo-proof Eastern fence, porta-loo and additional turf.

This now totals:

Community Gambling Benefit Fund Shed, Tank and Western Fence $28,628.80

MAAQ Road Improvement $6,000.00

MAAA Eastern Fence, Portaloo & Turf $5.500.00

TOTAL Grants through Helen's involvement: $40,128.80

THANKS HELEN!!!

I'm still yet to check with the GCBF people to see if we can make changes to their grant by purchasing fencing materials only and install the Western Fence ourselves. As we submitted quotes to have the job done by a contractor, they have every right to make us honour that application and go ahead as we said we would.

We need to be very careful how we approach this, as if we defy them we may have to return that part of the grant and put future grant applications in jeopardy. 

July 9, 2016 at 7:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Nice to see a few people turn up for the working be today. I got there an hour late so the steps were well under way, so I helped Steve dig saplings and pick up sticks and rocks around the shed. I also stayed and did a bit more clearing on the control line circle. All in all it was a good mornings work but it would be nice to see a few more faces turn up and help build OUR club up to one we can all be proud of. There is still so much to do and in order to save as much money as we can we need to all pitch in and do our bit.
July 10, 2016 at 5:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Warren
Thanks for your work, Grumpy. Unfortunately I couldn't get there today but hope to get to the next bee.
--

Warren.

July 10, 2016 at 8:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'day all  Steps look good to the viewing platform behind the pilots box thanks to all who helped, the design was changed in progress thanks to members input on the day so if you want any input to any building I would suggest you attend these working bees as it don't get built by itself I am pleased to announce that Grumpy has thrown his hat into the ring for the for  position of vice president for the upcoming AGM and what an asset he is to our club he not only works in the working bees he has done the control line ring virtually by himself

July 10, 2016 at 4:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

Thanks to Helen and Marcel for your commitment to the club,Can the CGBF be contacted before any work by ourselves be commenced or material ordered as construction could start for the western fence just after the AGM while we have good weather

July 10, 2016 at 4:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR
Working bee for raking & levelling airfield in preparation of grass will be Tuesday the 23rd of August weather permitting, bring a rake. 8am till 10am.
August 14, 2016 at 5:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
I won't be able to make it due to work but I'll be out there Saturday working on the control circle so I will spend an hour or so raking the strip as well.
August 14, 2016 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Thanks Grumpy.

August 15, 2016 at 4:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Jun 28 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, Jul 2 at 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Jul 5 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Monday, Jul 10 at 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

News

by Peter T | 1 comment