Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: General Announcements

AceTutor
Administrator

This is a new "General Announcements" topic started 21 January 2016.

The previous 50 page topic has been shifted to the Archive Forum called "Our History" and is accessable to website MEMBERS.

Please note that today we have also made some changes behind the scenes. We have taken advantage of the websites password security system to limit access to some forums and pages to various groups and interests networks that now visit our site. Basically - the site Administrators remain the same; the Moderators are members of the Management Committee; Members are those who are WAM Financial Members; and finally there is a one group known as Limited Members who have registered as site members. All of this is managed via your LOGIN permissions so hopefully you can surf and make comments as normal. Just be aware that you will see postings in the sidebar "Recent Forum Posts" showing timewise the latest 4 postings. Make sure you click on the "More . . . " link to avoid missing all other posts since your last visit!

Please do not hesitate to call, email or SMS any of the Management Committee members for assistance, comments or concerns with regard the use of this website.

--

January 20, 2016 at 10:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Please be advised that Brian has a Scratch-Build day on Tuesday the 2nd of February.

Bring an air-conditioned hat... (actually, his building room has an air-conditioner!).

January 21, 2016 at 7:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Perhaps Brian can build with individual support from club members, a Broccoli flyer to defend the clubs honour at Toowoomba.

--

January 21, 2016 at 5:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AceTutor
Administrator

My immediate thought upon reading the competitions criteria was to encourage Kelvin to use one of his Quad Copters to simply lift a box on a thread. The box would not need any modifications!

My second thought was that this would be a challenge that Reilly would thrive on!

For those reading this and don't know what Dave and I are on about - members should see today's email post from MAAQ - A scratch build challenge from GCMFC!

--

January 21, 2016 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

The link to the GCMFC EVENT is here.

Click to have a look at their poster.

January 22, 2016 at 1:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

Scratch build news. The club is finalizing the scratch build orders as there is a bit of money owing. I will have the bill for those who havent paid at our war birds day. We have 1 Radian Pro wing and spar left, if anyone wants it? $55. Also available MG servos for same. You can see me next time we are there or send me a text if you are interested.

--

January 26, 2016 at 11:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AceTutor
Administrator

After walking both our proposed airfields yesterday I could not resist changing the "Video of the Week" to show you how well off we are with our new facility at Morgan Park.

From the video I noted:

• This was a maiden flight. The opening frames suggest its just been constructed by pilot.
  • Runway looks like packed mountain shingle.
  • Grass strip is probably artificial grass - not much, not long and not wide!
  • Large number of approaches from over water was needed to line up with the runway.
  • No Amcal Rail - rather a fence like structure - probably winter time ski tow!
  • No soft landings anywhere!
  • Maybe they getting better flying days in winter when the lake has frozen over.

I was impressed with the pilots tenacity and skill born out of necessity!

Our response is:

• Thank you Greg for all your endeavours in making our dreams a reality.
  • Nick - thanks for the new gate now installed.
  • Thanks everyone else that turned up to help.

It was a great day yet again! But that is what WAM is all about!

Don't forget to get all your warbirds ready for display and demo flying, etc. Next Sunday, weather permitting, should be a crowd gathering and pleaser. We welcome our visitors - happy to show and tell as we best know how!!!

Happy Landings

AceTutor

--

January 31, 2016 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

On Wednesday the 10th of Febuary I will need approx 10 members or helpers to lay the turf in the morning(not sure on time yet) please register your interest or we can't go ahead with the airfield!!

February 2, 2016 at 6:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

I can be there Greg

--

February 2, 2016 at 7:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Sorry Greg, Wednesday's are the days that I work.

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

February 2, 2016 at 7:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Byrne

Should be good with me, this is great news Greg.

--

February 2, 2016 at 1:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AceTutor
Administrator

Please count me in!

--

February 2, 2016 at 2:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

I wiil be there with bells on what do i need to bring and when do we rake before the turf laying Dando

February 2, 2016 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Probably on Monday morning before the heat Dando, should only take about 1.1/2hrs I expect, will confirm things on Sunday at the Warbirds day.

February 3, 2016 at 2:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Sorry Greg ,I work week days so I won't be able to make it.
February 3, 2016 at 3:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

wh

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

February 3, 2016 at 3:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

What happened Marcel, your stuttering???

February 3, 2016 at 4:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

Sorry Greg , can make it on Sunday .. but then to Brisbane ..  lots of sickness in the family at the moment....    so just cannot be there for the turf..

February 3, 2016 at 6:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'Day all just came across a drinking water quality 1000ltr tank for $65  interested? Dando 

February 4, 2016 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

It's going to be a bit damp underfoot tomorrow, but should be fine by 9:00am.

February 6, 2016 at 5:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Aug 27 at 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Aug 30 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Thursday, Aug 31 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Sunday, Sep 3 at 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Recent Videos

97 views - 0 comments
439 views - 1 comment
963 views - 2 comments
1722 views - 0 comments