Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: General Announcements

GBAR

About 9 in the morning (Monday), should be dry enough to get on the new field for a clean up for the new grass. Bring a rake & wheel-barrow if you can. See you there.

February 7, 2016 at 5:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Congratulations for the great turnout today. Big thanks to all the organisers. Apart from the wind it was a pretty good day. Nice to meet some members from other clubs. Well done all.
February 7, 2016 at 6:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

Thankyou to everyone who came along and suported our Warbirds day.  Ziggy, I was a bit disapointed not to see you there, considering that there was plenty of water for your boats. The weather wasn't very kind to us but some members still flew their planes and everyone enjoyed the day.

February 8, 2016 at 5:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ray Baines
Limited Member

Thank you to all the Warwick members for your friendly hospitality on Sunday!!  Hope to come over again soon ...

February 8, 2016 at 8:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

7 AM Wednesday morning, tomorrow turf is arriving. Bring a hat & WATER & gloves please.

February 8, 2016 at 7:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'Day all  The strip is looking BLOODY AWESOME thanks to all    Dando

February 10, 2016 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

NO BODY including MEMBERS are to drive on the air strip anymore. It has been smoothed out again and if we drive on it, there will be tyre marks for the water to run down. The last thing we want is for it to wash gullies in it. I hope members won't mind walking up the side, but in time there will be a more gently rise up to the flight box.

February 12, 2016 at 6:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

As you can all see on the Upcoming Events Calendar there is a Bunning BBQ organised.

At this stage we only have two names down to help with it. The shifts are 8.30am - 11.00am & 11.00am - 2.00pm. We need at least three for each shift, so could you please put your names into the Upcoming Events section. 

February 15, 2016 at 6:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Clifton Fly-In. 12-13 March 16. Expected to attract recrational, homebuilt, sport and vintage aircraft. Event includes Ute and Boot market stalls until 2pm Saturday 12th.

--

February 21, 2016 at 12:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Byrne

Alway wanted to go, should this year. Have you fixed your plane yet. Dave.

--

February 21, 2016 at 1:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Yes Mark. As well as the structural damage I had to replace both aeleron servos. Both wallaby teds brother. Ready to go again

--

February 22, 2016 at 4:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Let me shared an abridged on line text conversation with Hobby King. Me.. Hi I tried to order a trainer you had on special on line. I logged in twice. Ordered twice as your screen crashed twice and a message said. Stay calm this happens from time to time. I went in as just a visitor and bought the plane without the same problem. My credit card has been debited but no sign of the order. I also now have two other orders of the plane sitting there waiting for payment. I only wanted one. These are a remant of yours system crashng. Them.. Yes we were concerned about the payment as it was to be posted to a differant person. Me Yep thats the wife. Who lives at the same address as me which is recorded on the card and on your site with my membership. Them. We are still not sure its you. Can you send us a copy of your bank statement and photo id of you and your wife. Me... This is a lot of work for a plane that you have debited my card for which is recorded as belonging to me at my address along with my wife. Them. You cant be too careful. Me. If you were so concerned why not reject the purchase and either not debit my card or reverse the order.............mmmm.............never got a real answer for that. Anywhoo. Got the plane posted in the end and still at the reduced price. Which surprised me as its returned to its normal almost double price from the special. The persons on line were very helpful but I really dont like Hobby King. Even as a special they padded almost fifty dollars on the purchase on postage and handling. Feel better now Ive shared my bleat.

--

February 22, 2016 at 5:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Hobby King can be real bastards!!! only dealing with them if I really have too. I get better satisfaction from the hong kong warehouse. I feel that paying in US dollars for Australia post is a rip-off and shouldn't be allowed.

February 22, 2016 at 5:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Tell me about it. When I purchased that so called trainer, I bought it from the Hong Kong page on my mobile ( thinking that I was on the Australian site). The total price showed $128 AUD. I clicked pay with PayPal, all good I thought. Then postage popped up after logging into pay pal, grrr OK add $63 AUD. Not happy but I wanted that plane. Confirmation email received, I check .....$253 Australian. WTF, ... Apparently the AUD price means nothing, that is the US price. Decided to just go with it. 5 weeks later my ' Trainer' arrives and I'm still trying to get the damn thing trimmed to at least fly well enough for me to train on. Never again. I'll stay with control line, I can buy balsa from bunnings today and have a plane that will fly well by Saturday for around $50.
February 22, 2016 at 6:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Yes it's all a bit of a con this aussie convert US dollar thing, worst when the $ drops. Bring the plane around one day soon & we will put it on a CG machine and work out its proper CG and then trim it from there. Can't have you swinging a piece of wire over your head all the time. :lol:

February 22, 2016 at 8:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Yeah. Dont give up Grumpy. 1 Hour to get ready plus the night before. Load the car, drive to Stanthorpe 40 minutes. Say gday. Always good. I flew badly for three minutes  before plummeting out of the sky to the mandatory contact with the earth. No other plane to try and fly. I build em well, fly them badly and crash them spectacularly. As those present will testify. Still a good day watching others especially Micks warbirds and Marks little rocket whatever that is and Nicks nightmare

--

February 22, 2016 at 4:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mick

Doing something new in rc is always a challenge for me getting started, understanding, radios, electric rc components and what they do and how they work, then learning to fly, then starting low wing, then jets, then glow, then electric, then petrol, then smoke but what I realised a long time ago is the challenge is what keeps me interested. In brace the challenge and you will always love the hobby. One step at a time Mr Bum we are here to help.

--
Don't forget to have fun :D
February 23, 2016 at 4:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Byrne

Ya, I helped and look what happened!!

--

February 23, 2016 at 4:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

Saturday Bunnings BBQ

8.30am - 11.00am  Dando, Brian & Dawn, Tony & Vince 

11.00am - 2.00pm  Nick. Grumpy & Dennis   & whoever else wants to come & help

Please bring an apron, wear club shirt &covered in shoes & tie back what hair you have.

Most importantly enjoy the outing! 

February 23, 2016 at 5:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy

Mark Byrne at February 23, 2016 at 4:55 AM

Ya, I helped and look what happened!!

You've done very well Mark. At least we are eliminating things. I haven't had a chance to try it since that day you tested it. I've lifted the leading edge of the tailplane as you suggested. Greg wants to put it on the CG jig, that might help, I reckon it's just way tail heavy. I'll get there. Thanks everyone for the offer of help.
February 23, 2016 at 6:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Jun 28 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, Jul 2 at 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Jul 5 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Monday, Jul 10 at 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

News

by Peter T | 1 comment
by Tony D | 0 comments
by Peter T | 0 comments

Recent Videos