Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: General Announcements

DANDO

G'Day all  It was a pleasure working with committed clubbies Cheers Dando also thanks to JR

January 7, 2017 at 6:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Anybody seen Kennyglide lately ????

January 12, 2017 at 7:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Yeah still here ...at Percy St. at the moment.... catch up soon... :)
January 13, 2017 at 2:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Weather permitting Steve Todd and I are going for a morning flight at 0900hrs tomorrow. The more the merrier before it gets too hot. Also cant go without mentioning the cultural sensitivity tongue in cheek programming by Gem TV. Japanese Prime Minister and Cabinet are here and they and our Malcolm Turnbull have announced stronger defensive ties.. Gem is broadcasting Tora Tora Tora as I type...Love it.
--

January 14, 2017 at 3:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

nixtrix

Hi Guys , This is Reilly here.Just been at NIcks shed tuning my plane and he was checking the RPM and his finger got close to the prop.Prop gave him 2 nasty cuts on ring finger very deep but he is sucking it up.God he hates black props.Can't see them.It was only doing 3400 RPM and his finger stalled the motor !!! Ouch. A lesson for you guys KEEP YOUR FINGERS AWAY FROM PROPS!!!

January 14, 2017 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Professor Reilly
Hi guys,after two years I have finally found my password. Nick I hope your not in to much pain.
January 14, 2017 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
OUCH.... hope it's not too bad Nick.... :(
January 14, 2017 at 11:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Know the feeling of a prop bite. Hope it's not too bad. Electrics bite harder. 9 stitches and removed the skin from the back of my ring finger. Get well soon Nick.
January 15, 2017 at 3:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Hope you heal quickly Nick but I don't understand why you chose your finger to stall the engine. Bit drastic when a cloth or sub trim or fuel tube pinch would have done the job equally as well. On another note I found a small Phillip's head screwdriver at the field today. Very similar to the Hobby King ones they send with kits, however it seems to have a case hardened tip. So let me know if its yours. Once accurately identified and with a suitably large cheque you can have it back.
--

January 15, 2017 at 4:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Normaly stitchs are applied for prop strikes Nick, followed by 2 bottles of vino followed by pain killing tabs followed by a nurse in tight fitting uniform, ahem!! sorry to hear about your finger Nick, hope it gets better.

January 15, 2017 at 5:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Gbar . Has a good point a night nurse really helps in these times of sorrow and need.... :)
January 15, 2017 at 7:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'day all  Remember the instruction from MAAQ a couple of years ago regarding prop strikes after Mick and myself were prop struck (Mick in hospital for the night and me still with no feeling on the top of my left thumb) ( AND ON MY BIRTHDAY ) I  still shudder  Nixtrix I hope the pain subsides and you feel better soon Cheers Dando

January 15, 2017 at 6:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

nixtrix

Thanks Guys for all the good wishes. I have drunk my 3 bottles of vino , and as we speak I've been tended by the day and night nurse.It feels sooo good. 3 cuts not bad enough to have stitches, yes my finger stopped the engine but I am a tough Wog. The Nurse is so gentle that I don't feel any pain. Reilly is so happy that we tuned the engine to perfection before I decided to challenge the prop and it won. Cheers Guys.

January 15, 2017 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Just noticed the next 3 upcoming events start at midday and finish at 8pm .... night flying? :)
January 16, 2017 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AceTutor
Administrator

Good News - Followed by Bad News!

For the last 10 days I have not been able to edit this website and have complained as best I could to no avail.

Good News - I have been able to update the "Video of the week" on our home page.

Bad News - I notice that our Photo Gallery is now not working.

Our only way of getting support is via an online chat form. Like all "Call Centres" someone represents the establishment but they are not empowered or knowledgable to give straight answers at a technical level of what is happening. Asking for issues to be escalated to a senior doesn't work either. Tried that!!

I therefore make this post to you all and again ask for your patience as these guys do not understand quality communication nor technical skill to resolve issues in a timely manner.

Here endith by bleat!  I feel good now!

Cheers JR

--

January 21, 2017 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Maybe its time we had our own website instead of hosting it from america???

January 22, 2017 at 6:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Here here.
January 22, 2017 at 8:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Wed 4pm to 6pm is looking good
--

January 24, 2017 at 12:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

According to Willy wind it should be around 35k winds Dave, shall i bring a Kite???

January 24, 2017 at 4:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
I have one site stating low winds, one medium and your wheely bin showing high. Might be a case of watch this space for a cancellation around 2pm.
--

January 24, 2017 at 6:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Jun 28 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, Jul 2 at 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Jul 5 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Monday, Jul 10 at 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

News

by Peter T | 1 comment
by Tony D | 0 comments
by Peter T | 0 comments