Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: General Announcements

Dave W
I put off the cancellation notice until about 3.20pm. I was ever hopeful that the wind would drop. However Steve Todd did a drive by of the field and confirmed that it was pretty gusty. I attempted to log on to our web page but couldn't, I tried about 4 times and every time I did it said system error followed by computer gobbledegook. So I apologise if anyone went out and found the field abandoned. Web page appears fine now.
--

January 25, 2017 at 2:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

Yeah thanks Dave &Steve        :)

January 25, 2017 at 6:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Steve Todd and I have purchased a helium balloon kit and some crepe streamers. I have put them in the club shed today. For $2.00 per balloon. An honesty jar is with the kit, you can tether a balloon and see how good you are at bursting it. It is intended to be self funding if there is enough interest.
--

January 29, 2017 at 6:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Wednesday is looking good at this stage for an afternoon fly. Low winds are forecast. I mowed the airstrip on Sunday so it's good to go.
January 30, 2017 at 7:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

Yeh, weather is looking good for this afternoon Grumpy. Dave W, Vince, Denis and myself will all be there at about 3.30 to 4.00. Cheers.

January 31, 2017 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Wednesday 8th looks to be too windy to fly in the afternoon. Thursday doesn't look like its going to be any better. I haven't spoken to Greg but his Wheely Bin probably agrees.
--

February 7, 2017 at 3:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

How do you know how many empties are in my wheelie bin????? :lol:

February 7, 2017 at 5:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tony D

GBAR at February 7, 2017 at 5:58 AM

How do you know how many empties are in my wheelie bin????? :lol:

Dave might not know but I do
February 8, 2017 at 1:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Check New Airfield forum!!!

February 8, 2017 at 8:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Let's hope next weekend is a lot cooler than this weekend. Totally unbearable.
February 12, 2017 at 1:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Some variation in weather sites but worth a try for this afternoon 4pm to 6pm. Out of towners might want to do a last minute check of their own before heading in. NO one wants to complete the walk of shame even less so with a favourite model. Can I suggest that for future flies on windy days some members consider obtaining a belly landing cheapy/foamy. It might make flying on windy days more appealing. Just re enforcing the adage those who cant are quick to offer advice. Cheers.
--

February 14, 2017 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

BUNNINGS BBQ IS NEXT SATURDAY.
We require atleast 4 members per shift and they are
8.30am  -  11.30am  is the first
11.30am -   2.30am  is the second.
Please put your name on the roster, asap so that you get the shift you want. Thanks.

February 18, 2017 at 5:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Well what a day, plenty of people came out for a look, Grumpy posted some adverts on the web. Very good turn out of members, rained over night & overcast during the day & hardly any wind. Bladder cup was a great success with the winner being Dennis Mooney, runner up Marcel. The ladies put on a good feed for the visitors & members, sold all of the meat, thank you to all who was involved in the day. A couple of members from TMAC & SQAM came down for the day, I think they were impressed with our new facilities.

February 19, 2017 at 5:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Thanks to our own members, especially Mick for bringing his fleet and giving them curry. It was a pity to see his Hurricane grab a wheel and flip over and sustain the damage that it did. He told me that everyone on the forums say that they are a pig to fly. It flew fine straight and level, but that screwing out of simple loops was taking the fun out of flying it, as did the tail-heavy behaviour when attempting landing. He didn't wish to add more lead to the nose, as there is already a kilo there already. He said the fuselage at the nose already flexes when you pick the model up and shake it. That's not reasurring...

Loved competing in the Bladder Cup. We may have to re-think the 10 minute penalty for overflying the 1 hour mark. That took the fun out of it for Reilly and Nick who flew a near-perfect event. Make it a 4 or 5 minute window with no penalty applied so long as you coast to a stop on the strip. That would still keep it primarily as a duration event. If need be, we could seperate identical times by being nearest-the-pin.

Thanks JR for CD'ing the event and Martin for being the Safety Officer. I thought the mandatory range-check (and control check?) was a good addition for added safety. Good thinking.

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

February 19, 2017 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
A good day and thanks to everyone for their pre event preparation. To those who worked at getting the strip the field and shed looking good and to those who provided the catering. And last but not least those who ran the bladder cup in the absence of the chief glider enthusiast. A job really well done. I agree with Marcel in relation to the harsh penalty. Perhaps that can be looked at. Also just for consideration. I was talking to Mick while admiring his squadron. He suggested another invitation day could be for scale not just warbirds. That would allow a lot more people to throw up their planes, warbirds, civilian and commercial alike. Id like to add we could do this in conjunction with a round of the bladder cup....What's everyone think. Once again a big thanks to all those who worked at putting the day together.
--

February 19, 2017 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Is anyone else's neck really stiff and sore? Perhaps it's just me. Wildcat is always telling me I have a pain in the neck. Or is it that I'm a pain in the neck...

I have no idea what she's talking about sometimes...

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

February 20, 2017 at 7:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
As the management committee has been good enough to include Wednesday fly as upcoming events. I will put any notice for that day at that site. For instance today will also read. Too windy guys and not likely to diminish this afternoon. I wont be attending unfortunately as Marcel was to maiden a bipe for me....Next time.
--

February 21, 2017 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

Still more people needed for the Bunnings BBQ. We need 4 per shift . Thank you.

February 22, 2017 at 5:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

A big thank you to the few members who made the Bunnings BBQ a very successful event.
Please keep the 29th April free for the next one.

February 26, 2017 at 4:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Good news, the new sine wave inverter arrived today. I will bring it out on Wednesday. Hopefully the wind will die down and we'll get to have a fly.
February 27, 2017 at 5:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Jun 28 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, Jul 2 at 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Jul 5 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Monday, Jul 10 at 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

News

by Peter T | 1 comment
by Tony D | 0 comments
by Peter T | 0 comments

Recent Videos