Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: General Announcements

Mick

--
Don't forget to have fun :D
March 28, 2017 at 12:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Love it Mick. All we need to do is catch all the kangaroos and tie flags to their tails. I'll see if i can find a flag and pole in time.
March 28, 2017 at 2:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

Hi all, as most of you are aware, we have been invited to put on a display at the WIRAC centre on thur 6th April 2017 to promote our hobby and club. (WAM). It is for youth week and there will be a lot of other clubs from the community there promoting their clubs. As I mentioned at the meeting on sunday we need members to help man the display. I have had a number of members offer to help, but I still need a few more bodies, for time slots 3.00pm to 4.00pm and 5.00pm to end of display at 6.00pm. I would also like to have a few different planes to display, I can pick them up if needed and take them to the centre for the display. This is a great opportunity for our club to promote it's self and talk with the greater community and maybe gain new members. Please ring or e-mail me if you can help and let me know a time slot you are available for. Cheers Toddy.

March 28, 2017 at 6:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
I can do from about 4.30 till finish Toddy.
March 28, 2017 at 7:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Keep your fingers crossed for good weather. They are forecasting the left over cyclone to bring torrential rain to SE QLD later in the week.
March 28, 2017 at 7:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

Grumpy at March 28, 2017 at 7:17 AM

I can do from about 4.30 till finish Toddy.

Thanks Grumpy, see you then. Cheers.

March 28, 2017 at 7:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

Hi all WAM members, I was in Toowoomba today at Wings Over the Downs speaking with owner Rob Mercer. He is coming to our opening on Sunday and will have a stall of goodies, such as kits, servo's, props dubro stuff etc. He has asked me to let everyone know if they want him to bring anything specific, to give him a call so he can bring it, or he is quite happy to take any orders on the day. Cheers Toddy.

March 29, 2017 at 5:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

I want a OS GGT glow plug to do some experimenting with... and a Dubro glow refuelling rebuild kit. Think that's all.

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

March 29, 2017 at 6:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR
So you are planning to put a OSGT plug into an electric motor,different!"!
March 29, 2017 at 8:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
He wants it to run nice and hot. On a side note, looks like we're gonna get a wet ass.
March 29, 2017 at 10:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

Cel at March 29, 2017 at 6:41 AM

I want a OS GGT glow plug to do some experimenting with... and a Dubro glow refuelling rebuild kit. Think that's all.

Hi Marcel, could you either ring Rob or e-mail him the exact details so there is no mix up with the dubro pump kit. His number is 4638 5322, or www.wingsoverthedowns.com.au.

Cheers.

March 29, 2017 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Will do Toddy.

... experimenting with eklectic power... I'm not even going to bother commenting, let alone bother with experimenting with the bothersome things...

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

March 30, 2017 at 12:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

Cel at March 30, 2017 at 12:06 AM

Will do Toddy.

... experimenting with eklectic power... I'm not even going to bother commenting, let alone bother with experimenting with the bothersome things...

I know exactly where you are coming from Marcel, even my elektric kettle is gas fired, not to forget my methanol powered flashlights.

March 30, 2017 at 7:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

The Official Opening of the "Barclay Field' by the Mayor of SDRC.

Many invited guests, including SDRC Councillors and representatives of MAAA and MAAQ.

This event has been cancelled due to access to the Barclay field following the aftermath of Cyclone 'Debbie'.

March 30, 2017 at 7:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

Hi, for any of you newer members, there is an Aurora TX advertised on rctraders 4 about 160?? They are a good TX. 9 channel, well worth getting

--

March 31, 2017 at 6:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Couldn't agree more with PeterT. The Hitec's are good but if you want something compatible with our Club Tx's and therefor trainers with a buddy system. There is a Used Spectrum DX6i on Ebay with two days to go. Less than a hundred at the moment. Plus postage at Narangba. Item number 172591376804.
--

March 31, 2017 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

I'd go for Hitec anyday...

Over to you GBAR... your turn!

--

April 1, 2017 at 6:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Each to his own!!!! Spektrums share of the market place is 49%, Hitec share is ??. which just goes to show that Spektrums are more widely used than other TX's. If people like the feel of Hitec & can figure out some their features well & good. I like my DX9 and its nagging voice, it has features that Hitec doesnt but I won't brag about them just yet. Hitec RX's are cheaper than Spektrums only because no one else wants to buy them so they have to get rid of them, that's another story.

April 1, 2017 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Remind me Greg. I've forgotten. Which system uses those orange receivers that everyone blames for mysterious and unexpected fatal errors in their planes. Just cant quite recall....but I know its not Hitec.
--

April 1, 2017 at 8:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Apperently their is a high concentration of Hitex Aurora's in Tasmania, at night they gather on cliff faces and hold them above their heads and wave them about , before throwing them, scientists call it the Aurora Lights, go figure!!

April 1, 2017 at 8:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Aug 27 at 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Aug 30 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Thursday, Aug 31 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Sunday, Sep 3 at 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Recent Videos

97 views - 0 comments
439 views - 1 comment
963 views - 2 comments
1722 views - 0 comments