Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: General Announcements

Cel

... ah yes... the Southern Aurora... so that's what the lights are named after! A world famous, leading-brand cutting edge transmitter!

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

April 1, 2017 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AceTutor
Administrator

Sorry - somehow this topic was "Locked".

Not sure how or who! But it is fixed - that is what matters!

Hopefully from now on we can still subscribe to this Forum topic.

Have a great day!

AceTutor (alias JR)

--

April 2, 2017 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

Hi everyone, this Thursday is the WIRAC youth expo. It starts at 2.00pm and goes till 6.00pm. Set-up time is from 11.30am to 1.30pm. I will be at the field at 11.30am to start getting the flight simulator and bollards, table and chairs etc. I will need a hand and some cars to put the stuff in. At the moment Martin, Dave W and myself will be there and then taking the stuff to the WIRAC centre at about 12.00 noon. Anyone else wanting to bring a plane or two for display can meet us there at 12.00 to help set-up. The roster as it stands at the moment is as follows:

2.00pm to 4.00pm, Brian Clarey and Kenny Glide

4.00pm to 5.00ish, Greg and Merry Barclay

5.00pm to 6.00pm, Graham Wood and ???

Both Martin and myself will be there from start to finish, but will need a couple of short breaks  over the 6 &1/2 hours from set-up to pack-up.

I have been sent a floor plan of the area for the displays, and where our spot is. If anyone else has time to come down and have a look it would be appreciated, as the more people there to represent our club, the better our exposure to the community will be.

Cheers Toddy.

April 3, 2017 at 7:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

Sorry Steve but I will be away for a week or so Cheers Dando

April 4, 2017 at 2:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

DANDO at April 4, 2017 at 2:10 AM

Sorry Steve but I will be away for a week or so Cheers Dando

No worries Dave, thanks for letting me know, you enjoy your time away and will catch up with you next club day. Cheers Toddy.

April 4, 2017 at 5:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Hi Steve...will there be room for my Radian Pro and a few smaller ones? Cheers Ken :(
April 4, 2017 at 6:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Hi, topic closed on ....let's chat about rc......so here we go ....I am going to fit a remote glow plug lead so as I can keep my clumsy old hands out of the prop...no sure if it Ned's to be in the upright position or on the side...fitting is easier on the side of the fuse but not sure if the igniter will hang on ....any ideas appreciated....... :)
April 4, 2017 at 7:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Sorry Steve, I can't commit at this stage.

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

April 4, 2017 at 8:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Hmm... That other forum has been closed again for some reason. JR will fix it.

Ken, find another engine, maybe on a test bench or in a model and run the engine on its side with the igniter attached. See if your igniter falls off from engine vibration. Some do, some don't. My new one works, but my old one definitely falls off after a few seconds. Do you have room to mount it under the cowl? Won't fall off then...

(JR, permission granted to move and edit this post once you've un-closed the Let's Chat About RC forum.)

--

April 4, 2017 at 8:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

kennyglide at April 4, 2017 at 6:18 AM

Hi Steve...will there be room for my Radian Pro and a few smaller ones? Cheers Ken :(

Yeh there should be Ken. Won't know exactly how much room we have been given untill we get there, but hoping it will be enough for several planes. Cheers.

April 5, 2017 at 12:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
I was reminded of that great show, Yes Minister which became Yes Prime Minister when our illustrious el presidente arrived at our field today with two planes after watching feats of bravery at Tarmac earlier in gale force conditions. His decision to fly was indeed courageous. He was given heaps of encouragement including. Have you written your name and phone number on it. Don't stand behind it when you take off, its likely to come back at you. Do you want a photo of it in case you never see it again and I will give you twenty bucks for it right now before you attempt to land it were some of the well meant comments from the peanut gallery. Well he proved us wrong. His flying was daring and with only one mishap on the foamy cub resulting in a broken fuselage. Followed by a successful heart in mouth balsa trainer flight and safe landing. Our hats went off to our president. So did his, in the wind. Congratulations Dennis.
April 5, 2017 at 3:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dennis Mooney

Thanks for the support. When are the others going to take the plunge.

April 5, 2017 at 6:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

Hi all, the youth expo at the WIRAC centre went well today. A big thanks to Martin, Kel, Greg, Ken, Brian, J.R, Grumpy and Dave W for all their help. We had a great display of planes and Kel's drones and 2 flight simulators working, (our plane flight simulator as well as Kel's drone simulator). As a club we got good exposure and even got to talk with our Mayor Tracy Dobie for about 20 minutes which was a great opportunity for us. Despite several attempts from Brian to get her on the flight simulator, she declined, so as not to embarrass herself I think.Some photo's were taken for the Morgan Park newsletter which will also be good promotion for our club. Once again thanks to all that helped, (hope I didn't forget anyone). Cheers Toddy.

April 6, 2017 at 5:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dennis Mooney

Great work you guys.

April 6, 2017 at 8:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy

I have just come back from the club house where i was searching for the Flight simulator software and USB dongle and cable that goes with it as it was needed the other day for the Youth Expo. I was asked if i had taken it home to which i replied that i purchased it for the use of the club at the club house as well as functions such as the Youth Expo. I have searched everywhere and it seems that it has gone "missing"........take that comment as you will. I purchased that software and donated the computer it was loaded onto for club use, NOT for the personal use of members at home. If you know where it is or accidently find it can you please RETURN it to its rightful place. If you borrowed it to try it at home can you please bring it back and purchase your own copy....Available on Ebay for $10.98. Cheap at anyone's price. RANT OVER 

April 8, 2017 at 4:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Peter T at March 31, 2017 at 6:33 AM

Hi, for any of you newer members, there is an Aurora TX advertised on rctraders 4 about 160?? They are a good TX. 9 channel, well worth getting

Too late. It's sold. TO ME!!!! Ha ha ha ha!!!

I was trying to work out how to have my co-pilot fly my tow-plane while I flew the glider, seeing as I have only one transmitter on 2.4gHz and it's bound to both models. Problem solved now!

Sheep station, here we come!

--

April 9, 2017 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

Hi, Marcel. rc traders still have that Hitec Aurora TX 4 sale @ 160. Y dont u by that 4 that wildcat @ ur place??? make her a happy woman?? would solve ur problem as well. Hee Hee!

--

April 9, 2017 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

I have bought that one Peter T. It will probably take a while to update and say it's sold.

--

April 10, 2017 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR
Anybody up for a fly tomorrow around 9-10 or 3-5. Put a few batteries thru this afternoon, dead calm. Tomorrow supposed to be be dead-dead calm.
April 15, 2017 at 3:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

BUNNINGS BBQ on 29th April
8-30am  -  11-30am   -   Ziggy, Tony & Christine
11.30am -   2-00pm    -

April 15, 2017 at 7:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Jun 28 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, Jul 2 at 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Jul 5 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Monday, Jul 10 at 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM