Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: General Announcements

Mick

what about if you teach people in a uniform

--
Don't forget to have fun :D
August 1, 2017 at 5:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

I'm not sure which one of these was a teacher...

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

August 3, 2017 at 6:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

The guy in the green with the knife!!! He is a Marine teacher. 8)

August 3, 2017 at 7:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
The weather is promising on Sunday. Enough interest and we will even fire up the Billy and provide coffee/tea and biscuits for smoko.
August 11, 2017 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jason heard

I'm keen on flying tomorrow 

--

August 11, 2017 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

I"ll bring the tea and coffee, sugar, milk etc and maybe even a couple of planes.8)

August 12, 2017 at 2:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Don't forget that next Saturday is the Bunnings sausage sizzle. Please go to the calender and put down if your available please. I am down for the second shift. We need people to get involved too keep this vital fundraiser thing for the club.
August 12, 2017 at 5:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Martin
Administrator

Fly Day at Bony Mountain next Sunday - please see my post on the calendar for that day.

August 13, 2017 at 7:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
To all the people who phone me regularly and anyone else that cares to ...I am no longer available on the landline ... I am now upgrading to mobile only ...looking forward to your calls , but not holding my breath ...lol :)
August 15, 2017 at 4:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tony D

So I take it there is no flying at barclay field because of the polocrosse

August 16, 2017 at 6:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jason heard

I think we are flying at martin's place Sunday 

--

August 17, 2017 at 1:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jason heard

Is anyone go a spare seat to gatton Saturday 

--

August 17, 2017 at 2:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jason heard

Text me on 0422045129 if u do 

--

August 17, 2017 at 2:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

I would like to remind all our members to only fly ELECTRIC MODELS from tomorrow until Monday or better still see you at Martin's place on Sunday.

August 17, 2017 at 6:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Firstly. I hope everyone going to Martins has a great day out and all planes come home in one piece. Last year I was told the Polo Crosse committee as part of the Morgan Park Group had stated that as we were now down the front and not bordering their grounds there were no further objections to us flying during their tournaments. At the time there was no distinction between electric or fuel. Can someone confirm the current position so we are all on the same page. Thanks
August 17, 2017 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Your right Dave, that was what the Polocrosse President said, but I think our Management Committee has made this decision on our behalf.

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

August 18, 2017 at 1:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR
There is no objections to flying on Saturday or Sunday but it would be preferable it people flu electric rather than nitro or petrol so as to reduce the noise levels. Its not a given just a matter of courtesy. And no Cell the management committee didn't make the decision on behalf of the members, check your facts out first!!!
August 18, 2017 at 7:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Dave said "At the time there was no distinction between electric or fuel." He's right here. Les Fraser had no problem with us no matter what we flew during his events. That's what I was answering to. Someone has decided to only allow electric, according to Merry's post. There isn't anything of the sort written into our by-laws.

I for one wouldn't tempt the possible fate of our club by flying something overly noisy or heavy (NO MATTER WHAT THE POWER SOURCE!), when there is a possibility (although only slight) of a fly-away. Imagine a model of any sort planting itself amongst a paddock of horses worth unimaginable $'s with hundreds of spectators present. Imagine the bad press for us and for aero modelling in general!

Maybe something like that should have been circulated, in order to explain the request of the M.C.

--

August 19, 2017 at 4:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
12. Flying aircraft during Polocrosse events: Flying should be limited to electric powered aircraft and gliders during polocrosse events. The WDDBC should now be formally advised that WAM is operational within their immediate vicinity and that club policy is to only fly within the bounds of the WAM grounds up to 400ft, but on occasion to 1000ft. All relevant bodies should be advised that out flying policy is HJ (seven days a week during daylight hours) for model aircraft and that the requisite applications will be made for license to fly at O.T. (Other Times e.g. night flying). General risks taken from MAAA MOP022......... The preceding clause was taken from the risk assessment done by Kelvin and Martin with regards to the registering of our field with CASSA. As yet the recommendations have not been adopted as far as i am aware. The current policy is that there is no restriction on flying as stated by Dave. I think the confusion is that we haven't adopted those recommendations as yet but i think the consensus is that out of courtesy we should only fly electrics. Due to the fact that it was blowing a gale today and tomorrow is supposed to be very similar i don't think there is any concern that anyone would be flying. I hope this clears up any confusion.
August 19, 2017 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Thanks Grumpy. I wasn't aware of anything written about it, as I don't believe the risk assessment has been circulated to or agreed to by members.

--

August 19, 2017 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

137 views - 0 comments
492 views - 1 comment
1015 views - 2 comments
1795 views - 0 comments