Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: General Announcements

Grumpy
3 short but successfull flights on Sunday morning with my trainer. Although the final landing was only a one pointer there was no damage. I've finished the plane that was left in the shed. Just need the time now to maiden it.
September 4, 2017 at 5:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AceTutor
Administrator

Much to our frustration, WEBS (this website provider) seems to be having a lot of issues with "UP TIME" and also, as many of you have noticed, that the "Recent Forum Posts" on the sidebar to the right of this text is not being updated.

Both "downtime" and the failing to update have been reported to WEBS - but we still seem to give poor service.

The problem has nothing to do with "expiry-date" of the service. We are paid up till this time next year!

As requested in the past - If you have any dramas - please message, email or call me. I am happy to spend whatever time it takes to try and resolve issues with you.

As for "downtime" I have monitoring software working in the background and usually know within a minute that the site is down. (That is - if I read my emails when they arrive). So chances are I will already be on their case demanding support before you contact me!.

Kind regards to you all - see you over the weekend!

JR

--

September 5, 2017 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

Thank to all the members who gave up their time to be at our display at Wings Over Warwick. 

The winner of the rug was Susan and John won the scanner. Around $400 was made from the sale of tickets for these two items. Thank you Dawn for donating the rug and Kel for the scanner.

Next up we have another BUNNINGS BBQ on the 23rd Sept so please put your name onto the roster. 

September 11, 2017 at 6:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
I use the desktop version of the site from my phone. Why can't i uploaded pictures. Really annoying to have to put the laptop on and plug in my phone to upload the pictures to the pc then upload them to the website.
September 14, 2017 at 5:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Just a thought bubble....... about flying in the afternoon on the "FLY DAY" similar to Wednesday afternoon ... cooler and no sun in the eyes... better vision ... safer....? :)
September 16, 2017 at 12:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

Bunnings BBQ  on  23rd September.

8.30am  -  11.30am   &   11.30am  -  2.30pm  is the shift times. JR is the only member who has responded so far.

September 18, 2017 at 8:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
I will be available for the morning shift Merry.... maybe the lack of response is due to "recent forum posts" not being visable.... :)
September 18, 2017 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Sorry, not available for Bunnings due to the new job requirements.
September 19, 2017 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AceTutor
Administrator

Test Message.

Wishful thinking  - or has there been a change? Our website hosts, WEBS, have supposedly had a series of server upgrades - but are we the beneficiaries of that? Only time will show it. Right now our main issue is "downtime" and secondly the month old problem of the sidebar updating itself.

Believe me, I have spent untold hassling to get some action from our supplier and everything seems to land on deaf ears. A formal complain to the appropriate email address a week ago has not even been acknowledged. Whay else can we do?

Pray?

Have a great day.

PS. Don't be surprised if this post gets deleted!

--

September 22, 2017 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

Thank to all the members who made the Bunnings BBQ a great success.

I have to admitt, that when I drove around the corner and saw all the marquees in the park, I thought well there goes our sales. Well, how wrong I was. We ran out of drinks and nearly used all the sausages and bread.   WELL DONE TEAM!!

September 24, 2017 at 6:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

What do the members think of more fly days ie: every Sunday or 1st Sunday of the month followed by the next Saturday or Sunday followed by another club day on the 3rd Sunday followed by a Saturday on the 4th weekend, of course every Wednesday afternoon also. Its just that we need to utilize the facility more as we build more. No point in flying once a month.

September 24, 2017 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

kennyglide

Just a thought bubble.....again.... about flying in the afternoon on   the "SUNDAY [ FLY] DAY" similar to Wednesday afternoon..... .it is Sunday after all...people could sleep in... have  breakfast in bed ....give their partner a cuddle ....  mow the lawn ...wash the car.... play with the kids or dog....  go for a little drive...keep everyone happy.......and then the flying will be .cooler and no sun in the eyes... better vision ... safer ect and a good time to have a chat as the sun goes down......    :)

September 26, 2017 at 1:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Sounds good to me Kenny. Just hope with my new work commitments that i can still make it for a Sunday fly.
September 26, 2017 at 8:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Looks like we need to organize working bees more often if this is going to be the result. 40mm so far and still falling.
October 2, 2017 at 8:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
I jumped the gun a bit on my rain gauge. Total was only 30mm not 40. Still it's a good start.
October 3, 2017 at 7:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AceTutor
Administrator

Two comments:

1. It would appear that this websites "uptime" has settled. Only time will tell whether that is the fact.

We now await their good pleasure to resolve our continued problem of updating the side bar with "Recent Forum Posts" and "Upcoming Events".  Website designers and support people - who would want their role?

2. This Sunday's gazetted event - I am looking forward to the day - for flying, fellowship and fun! The meeting also looks fine, What I have a concerned about is the "Old Timers Event"?

Can we have some suggestions to what that will entail and for whom does it apply,

Cheers for a young-in!

Ha ha! JR

--

October 4, 2017 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Merry

I now have a smaller size in hats, if anyone is looking for one.

Also, if you haven't given your $10 to Dawn for the contents of the xmas raffle, please do so at your earliest convenience.

October 11, 2017 at 5:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AceTutor
Administrator

Are we back on track again?

It would appear so! Our website hosting provider WEBS seems to have finally resolved our sidebar issue. For how long . . . only time will tell!

No matter how much I bashed on their door demanding action and service it was to little effect. As in previous attempts to have them resolve problems in a timely manner I now anticipate a personal email in about three weeks wanting me to give them a rating on how good they are and would I recommend them to my friends. WEBS - you get a big zero and definite NO!

Regardless - thanks for fixing our problem.

Greg - you are a champion for noting the change - I became aware of the change some hours before your posting.

--

October 12, 2017 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AceTutor
Administrator

Nice to see Forums back!

WEBS - you are proving to be most frustrating. Yes, we want the server to be accessable 24/7, we want the Forums to continue, but what about restoring the refresh component in the side bar to tell us when something new has been posted.

Why is it taking soooo long for you to attend to this?

In the meantime our members have now learnt to pull up their BIG BOY pants, deal with their anger management issues and hopefully will get back into chat mode here again - to be worthy of all the good work WEBS has done!

PERSONAL REQUEST

If you have any video's to commend for the Home Page please send them to me via email. I can grab Facebook, YouTube and Vimeo videos - just the link of what you had in mind would be great

Thanks in anticipation.

JR

--

October 16, 2017 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Its working,I think.

October 17, 2017 at 9:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

137 views - 0 comments
492 views - 1 comment
1015 views - 2 comments