Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Lets chat about RC

Warren

Yes, Ken I'll take that one please. I'm planning on going to the next fly day on 22nd so if you are going too, I'll bring some dough. Have I met you yet? I probably have, but still getting the faces lined up with the names...

I have a glow prop 8x4 that should go on that motor.

I'll also bring my little old diesel to see if someone can identify it.

--

Warren.

November 12, 2015 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

No worries  Warren ,will bring it with me so you can have a look on the 22nd ....   Cheers Ken :)

November 14, 2015 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

If ur giving these oily smelly thingies away Im after a 46. anyone got one. to go in a wood Cloud dancer. (I think thats what it is.)

--

November 15, 2015 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mick

Wood Cloud dancer sounds like an American Indian bride 

--
Don't forget to have fun :D
November 15, 2015 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Try Rob, Peter T, he has 3 46s for sale.

November 16, 2015 at 4:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Mick... you have too much spare time on your hands...

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

November 16, 2015 at 7:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

CLOUD DANCER  OR DOES IT LOOK MORE LIKE THIS PETE?

November 16, 2015 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Warren

Celwyn, further to our conversation re: Rx antennae.

Out of stock:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__62759__FrSky_Receiver_antenna_15_cm_AU_Warehouse_.html

According to the reviews it fits Spektrum Rx's too.

Ebay:

A$5.07 for 2

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Free-Ship-150mm-Long-2-4G-Receiver-Antenna-for-Frsky-Series-Receivers-2pcs-/310748652056?hash=item485a102218:g:7iUAAOxy1NxSFbpH

A$2.27 ea

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-4G-150mm-Black-RC-Receiver-Antenna-Perfect-for-FrSky-Spektrum-Futaba-JR-/401029781475?hash=item5d5f3cd7e3:g:aOcAAOSwkZhWTsbi

I have bought other items from both these sellers before, without problems.

I repaired (not replaced) one, on one of my FrSky Rx's successfully but it *is* fiddly.

Better to just buy one or two.

--

Warren.

November 23, 2015 at 1:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Warren

Gbar and Celwyn,

I noticed these DSM-compatible receivers recently on Banggood. I have bought quite a lot of stuff from Banggood over the last few years (including a $300+ phone) and have found them to be reliable and *fairly* quick.

They are *really* cheap at ~A$6.50 and probably have your BS-meters twitching wildly :-)

If I ran DSM I would definately be giving them a try myself as a 'park-flyer' Rx. They have model-match etc. etc.

http://www.banggood.com/REDCON-2_4G-6CH-Microlite-DSM2-DSMX-Full-Range-Receiver-CM621-p-1007463.html

--

Warren.

November 23, 2015 at 1:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liam

Bang good has free shipping for all items except batteries and other dangerous things to transport.

--

November 23, 2015 at 1:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Warren

Yes, Liam they mostly do but it pays to check. I nearly got caught on a foamy model I was going to buy for one of my boys until I noticed A$20 delivery on top. Also watch out as they sometimes tick the 'tracked shipping' box when you are not watching and add a couple of bucks that you may not want.

Other than this they are good. I'm looking at the brushed motor/gearbox/prop assembly I just found there. Really cheap compared to hobbyshop/hobbyking/Micronwings varieties.I have a plane that needs one right now.  $5.60 with 7x16 motor, $6 with 7x20 motor and $7 with 8x20 motor.

--

Warren.

November 23, 2015 at 3:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Following some well meant pressure from those who shall remain nameless. Yes, Peter with some agreement from Greg and Marcel at the Christmas Party. Ive bought a Bixler2 to spare my kit planes grief while learning. Now Ive bought a foam plane. Next thing I will be supporting Holdens at the V8's. Ive seen some videos and not one really sold me on the idea of activating the flaps that are supplied but need to be freed up with a knife and fitted with servos. In the videos I saw only several people activate theirs and the only reason given was the benefit of speed reduction. I found this odd as it is a very good slow flyer and glider already. Thoughts from anyone would be appreciated.

December 15, 2015 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mick
I had flaps on my old bixler and never used them infect on all the foam planes I've had the flaps have just served to make easy landings harder.
--
Don't forget to have fun :D
December 15, 2015 at 1:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Yes without holdens it wouldn't be a fair race!! Fords always winning against Nissans & Volvo's just wouldn't be the done thing, throw in a few holdens for entertainment. Back to the real issue, well done Dave, this bixler will give you the ability to get your eye in and teach you all about your radio and tidy up your flying techniques. Maxine bought herself a Bixler & a mode 2 Hitec, so you both can start together and Marcel or who ever else that uses those Hitec thingys can buddy up with you guys. You don't have to use flaps with a Bixler.

December 15, 2015 at 4:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Having  flaps is fun, but not completly necessary. Mick is right in what he said about making landings harder. Because they don't usually carry the weight (usually smaller as well), they slow to a stall much quicker than a traditional model. Power is required all the way down unless your landing in a fenced tennis court...

If it was mine and I didn't mind spending the extra $$'s on servos, I'd bolt them in, as it makes it more fun down the track. 

I must say Dave, I spent Saturday night tossing and turning after giving the eklectric Bixler the thumbs up for you... made me feel physically sick...

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

December 15, 2015 at 7:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

Congradulations Dave. dont listen to those wooses!! you have done the right thing. If it helps, just think of all those smelly noisy balsa thingies you will save. Yes I/we can help with the Hitecs too. Doesnt matter if you're mode 2, we can sort you out. Just have to make allowances for your slow start. Ah well!! i suppose you got to learn the hard way. PS A bixler is like a holden!! always holding on, unlike a ford, fix or replace daily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

--

December 16, 2015 at 5:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Thanks gents. Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer. But seriously I think I will not bring the flaps on line. I can always retro activate them if I want assuming the Bixler lives that long. Funny though Ive watched all the reviews of the Bixler throught to the latest Bix 3. It seems as each model is improved they create more problems to be solved. 

December 16, 2015 at 6:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'Day all  Guess who was on Blokesworld last week, really good segment on the training centre at the airport,      Both Jan & myself wish everyone a joyous and really good pressies (planes of course) Xmas   Cheers Dando

December 17, 2015 at 4:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liam

The membership form says adult members pay $5 every time they fly. Would junior members need to pay $5 every time they fly?

--

December 20, 2015 at 12:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

As far as i am aware there is a fee due on "official fly" days only ...fee for juniors? .. not sure Liam ..    anytime other than previously  stated, is free to fly for nothing for  members    :)

December 20, 2015 at 6:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

137 views - 0 comments
492 views - 1 comment
1015 views - 2 comments
1795 views - 0 comments