Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Lets chat about RC

Cel

That's correct Kennyglide. The $5 fee is only for official "Club Days", which is when we have a BBQ. The other gazetted day is a "Fly Day" which is free. Basically $5 per month if you flew every weekend Liam.

December 20, 2015 at 6:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

On Nine News (online) today is a video of a drone near-miss with a downhill slalom skier. The International Ski Federation has now banned drones from filming at their events.

Close call leads to skiing drone ban

More bad publicity that may filter down to the likes of us...

December 23, 2015 at 7:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Ive put together the bixler. Following some trial and error I have installed the electrics and have managed to bind the Aurora9X with the Optima9 receiver. Everything works fine. Motor and propellor are spinning in the right direction for a pusher. All servos are working correctly. However about every 30 seconds I get a solitary beep from the motor. The prop doesnt show any movement when that happens. Ive even tried throttle throw calibration as suggested on the web but its still happening. Any ideas anyone. As little sarcasm as possible if you please.

December 27, 2015 at 11:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

Dave ,. i am not familiar with Optima receivers     .about all i can suggest is to try another receiver ... if you haven'nt got one i have one you can try.........   have you done a range check? if that's ok and it's just a beep every 30 secs and all else is ok including the  throttle cut switch..and a check for overheating issues,... i would put it through it's  paces on the bench as if i were flying .....  see what happens....  it's not the perfect solution but it may lead to a positive outcome...    Good Luck    :)

December 28, 2015 at 3:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Dave have tried to do another bind??

December 28, 2015 at 5:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

An optima 9? That receiver is worth more than the bixler and probably all the bits you've put in it!...

I'm not sure if a beep every now and then would be a problem with the receiver. I'm no expert with eklectric thingies, so I can't comment on the beep from the motor. If there's a problem with the link between transmitter and receiver, you will get a beep from the transmitter (I've only encountered this when running a petrol engine when doing a range-check beyond the 30 metres).

I have optima 6's and non-genuine 8 channel receivers if you want to do a comparison. Give me a call if you like.

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

December 29, 2015 at 7:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Thankyou all gents. All worthy suggestions. Yep did the bind thing several times. All controls worked but got the beeping. Found two more possibilities on several forums including Hobby King. One is that the Swift esc emits a single beep through the motor as part of a sub program routine if you want it. Another was some esc's emit a re occuring single beep when idle as a safety warning that it is armed and on. Timed beep every 35 seconds. Ran plane using all surfaces for over a minute no beeping. Repeat. Same. I think we have a winner. Hats off to you electric guys. You must all have electrical degrees. Give me a noisy dirty fuel air sparker any day. I may regret that statement if I ever get a multi engined plane. Thanks guys.

December 29, 2015 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

Dave, check that both TX & RX are binding in normal mode and not other. there is 2 ways of binding. depends on what coloured lights on RX and back of TX. Prety sure once mine is on proper there is no more Beeping.

--

December 29, 2015 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

Check, I think its page 19 in manual!!

--

December 29, 2015 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Hi Peter. the 9x does it all through the front touch screen. When I have done it Ive had my manual open at the pages for optima binding. Ive also jagged a Hobby King video of binding with the 9x and optima receiver which is the same as the manual. The Tx recognises the receiver by tone and by showing its current charge on the screen.  I might have another go just to be sure but that would be about the 4th or 5th time. It would be nice to get to the bottom of it just to be sure. But for now its all working and beep goes away when operating the controls.

December 31, 2015 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mick

Try setting your throttle trim into the negitive as it can be an issue with some setups (worth a go)

--
Don't forget to have fun :D
December 31, 2015 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Dont know how to attach links. But anyone interested in scratch built large scale plans now or in the future might like to look at this in ebay. 60 Giant Scale RC Plan Pack (F4U Corsair, P-38, Decathlon, Bombers Etc.) All care but no responsibility. Has two negative comments in 12 months but over a hundred positive.

January 4, 2016 at 5:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php Try joining this page then you can follow the link to the hip pocket plan page. Hundreds of plans of all kinds for download.
January 4, 2016 at 8:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Thanks Grumpy. Interesting website

January 5, 2016 at 4:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Cool Video of the Week Mick.

What's the cause of the P40's demise?

Post your thoughts...

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

January 18, 2016 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/RC_PRODUCT_SEARCH.asp?strSearch=Turnigy+graphene¤tPage=1&idCategory=&sortBy=Relevant&searchType=10&NumPerPage=20 Interesting to see the new range of batteries. Seems like they give much more power and run time for the same size.
February 4, 2016 at 8:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liam

A lot heavier unfortunately

--

February 4, 2016 at 9:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Enrich batteries from wolf models 2200mah x 3s 35c ($27) seem to be good value with plenty of punch, a member has purchased a couple and is pleased with the performance. worth a try!!

February 5, 2016 at 4:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Byrne

Hi Liam, how is that funbat going??

--

February 5, 2016 at 5:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Liam
I made a new nose from EPP and we just got a new motor, ESC, 4s batteries and a servo. Should be pretty fast! PS I can't come on Sunday as we're helping people move
--

February 5, 2016 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

137 views - 0 comments
492 views - 1 comment
1015 views - 2 comments
1795 views - 0 comments