Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Lets chat about RC

Dave W

Does anyone have a 36 mhz 4 or more channel receiver lying around that they dont use and dont want. Id appreciate one or more for the right price.

--

February 12, 2016 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Byrne

This Sunday is a Fly day, will this be the last time we will ever fly off the Drag strip, every sad, I have enjoyed the tar runway but not the Armco, the facility has been good for our club, but now time to move on, I guess. 

--

February 16, 2016 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Byrne

This Sunday is a Fly day, will this be the last time we will ever fly off the Drag strip, every sad, I have enjoyed the tar runway but not the Armco, the facility has been good for our club, but now time to move on, I guess. 

--

February 16, 2016 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Sorry , just cant make it..lots of stuff happening... gonna miss the ol armco .. hope to catch up with everyone soon.. Ken
February 18, 2016 at 8:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Sorry , just cant make it..lots of stuff happening... gonna miss the ol armco .. hope to catch up with everyone soon.. Ken
February 18, 2016 at 8:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

G'Day all the Stanthorpe field is open for business maybe come down here for a couple of weeks while the new field grows? DAndo

February 19, 2016 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

Maybe accomodation can be found by members down here for some who want to fly as its so fffffaaaaaar away from Warwick

February 19, 2016 at 6:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Most of us are planning a group booking with Tiger Air + accomadation for overnight stay sometime in the near future Dando but every time we get close to a confirmation its stars to rain down there.

February 20, 2016 at 7:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

It's not the distance that puts us off Dando, it's needing to use the snow-plow on the strip before every flyng day that's the problem...

Check out the new video in the Recent Video's section... Looks cool, but I don't think that they're RC models... definitely not foamies anyway...

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

February 20, 2016 at 8:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

Hi to all u Pussies in Wck. The strip is up and running, no snow yet and nitros definately welcome. no rain forcast for this weekend!!!

--

February 21, 2016 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

for anyone interested, thursday will be hot but NO wind. Txt me if you want gate opened. I have a few to maiden, so would be good to have an audience to prove I didnt crash.!!

--

February 21, 2016 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

PS Greg, if you come up I may have found a place to slope soar. If u think it possible, I will c who owns it and ask. Has anyone got some white (solar film ? or whatever its called) covering off cuts I could have? Thanks.

--

February 21, 2016 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Sorry Pete, we are running a Bunnings BBQ on Saturday to raise money for the bus fare to Stanthorpe, no seriously we need to raise funds for the club as the new airfield requires a lot of work to get up to flying stage.

February 22, 2016 at 2:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Great Video of the Week Vince. 

Check out the proximity of those big trees!!

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

March 16, 2016 at 8:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

These are a list of prices John Peric has sent me for anyone interested in having a go with silk or similar cloth. The prices are per litre. I will be getting some probably in April when it co incides with John flying near Amberley.

Butyrate silver $30

Butyrate clear $18

Nitrate clear tautening $18

Butyrate thinner $9 (with 10% retarder) thinner in the dopes evapourate quickly and you will need to top up to maintain consistency. Wash brushes in acetone. Use acetone as a thinner for the nitrate dope.

--

March 16, 2016 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Byrne

Thanks David, I dont have a clue what you just wrote, but Thankyou, I am sure someone knows what these great products are for.  LOL.

--

March 16, 2016 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

Pssssst ... i think Dave may be making a bomb  ...lol    ...      :)

March 17, 2016 at 1:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mick

Or is it a drug lab 

--
Don't forget to have fun :D
March 17, 2016 at 5:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Question. The new model I bought has JST connectors on the ESC and battery. Does anyone have an old female JST plug they want to part with. I need to make up a patch lead for my charger so I can charge the batteries. Cheers
April 27, 2016 at 4:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Bring a lead on Sunday Grumpy. I have ends and a tool for crimping on new ends, if that's easier than finding a female plug and soldering it on.

--

April 27, 2016 at 8:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Jun 28 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, Jul 2 at 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Jul 5 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Monday, Jul 10 at 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

News

by Peter T | 1 comment
by Tony D | 0 comments
by Peter T | 0 comments