Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Lets chat about RC

Grumpy

Cel at April 27, 2016 at 8:49 PM

Bring a lead on Sunday Grumpy. I have ends and a tool for crimping on new ends, if that's easier than finding a female plug and soldering it on.

Problem solved Marcel, I just found 5 pairs with wire on eBay for 8 dollars. They'll be here around the same time as the batteries arrive. Thanks anyway.
April 27, 2016 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Byrne

Fly day on Sunday, Who's going??

--

May 10, 2016 at 4:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Byrne

Thankyou Karl for the great photos from the last Fun flyday.

--

May 11, 2016 at 1:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
I'll be there with the Trainstar again.
May 11, 2016 at 6:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Macka(maxine)
Limited Member

Is any one free today?

May 11, 2016 at 9:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Im around if you need a hand Maxine
May 12, 2016 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

Yeah Dave , what wing span  is the sporty (my car takesabout 1450mm max ) and how much work needs doing? :)

May 27, 2016 at 4:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

Wingspan roughly 1160.Old style acrobatic trainer with low wing held on by rubbber bands. Ive built the fuselage and wings. Covered the elevator and vertical stabiliser and aelerons with red heat shrink. Made a few mistakes as I went but corrected. Being uncovered you can make a value judgment yourself. The thing is that having gone to foam to learn. I seem to always be making repairs. Which is ok. If my prangs had been with balsa Id be screwed. Come and have a look if you like. Home from Sunday and all next week. I will throw in the red heat shrink and German iron cross stickers but would like a battery thrown in for that. Say a 11.1 2200 or better. Let us know mate.

--

May 27, 2016 at 4:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

Should I say something about the Video of the Week? Nah... it's not worth wasting the electrons in the world using a computer typing a response...

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

May 28, 2016 at 4:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mick

On the latest video wo would have thought that the aeronautical industry would copy rc planes.

--
Don't forget to have fun :D
May 28, 2016 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

Thanks Dave ... but doesn't sound what i am looking for .... Cheers Ken      :)

May 29, 2016 at 7:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W

No worries Ken, good luck with your search

--

May 29, 2016 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

That Video of the Week was cool. That F104 pilot was able to do a very scale take-off and landing. You don't often see both done so well.

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

July 14, 2016 at 5:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Warren
Greg you were asking about Hayden's Boomerang... I have a tentative fix for the leaking tank bung but have yet to fuel it up and test-run it. I used thick Teflon tape (the pink stuff) around the brass tubes which has tightened it up nicely and I expect the PTFE to withstand the fuel as it is a very inert substance. Whether it will slip with the oil and vibration I've yet to find out. I'll let you know how it goes.
--

Warren.

July 14, 2016 at 10:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
I am using standard size servos in a 40 size plane ...would it be wise to use metal gears at least on the elevator....i am trying to keep it as light as possible so mg servos all round is a no no....could use Hitech karbonite gears and one metal geared one.... anyway any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ... :)
July 15, 2016 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Hi Ken, Hitec karbonite servos are good & light compared to Towerpro metal gear servos but they are double the price. Useing a Hitec servo on the elevator shouldn't be a problem unless you intend to do high speed flying with quick manouves. I take it you intend to fly the arse of this 40 size plane?? 

July 16, 2016 at 2:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

For many decades standard size servos were used in models up to 90 size. Of course, control surfaces were long and narrow (and scale), making them easy to move compared to 3D control surfaces. I wouldn't hesitate using HS422 or even the older HS300, unless, like GBAR said, you intend to fly the "bottom" off it...

--

July 16, 2016 at 4:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Thanks Greg n Marcel, the plane is a Phoenix Sonic Low Wing 1330mm Wing Span ....suit 25-32 Glow Motor... i am fitting it with a new OS 55 AX...so yes i do intend to give it a pizzling (if thats a word) So maybe a stronger servo on the elevator at least...Karbonite?....although this is a small plane with fairly small control surfaces so a bit of a conundrum ..... :)
July 16, 2016 at 8:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

You can't go wrong with Karbonite if that's what you have. Being a small model with small control surfaces, Hitec's cheapest stardard ones will do. 

--

July 16, 2016 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR
Would a OS 55 be a bit much cg for this style of play, you might have to put that much lead in the tail that it becomes awkward to fly. Maybe a 46 would be more suitable. Just a thought??
July 16, 2016 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Aug 23 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, Aug 27 at 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Aug 30 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Thursday, Aug 31 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Recent Videos

94 views - 0 comments
437 views - 1 comment
960 views - 2 comments
1717 views - 0 comments