Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Lets chat about RC

Grumpy
Someone said that it was locked so when i checked it i was able to unlock it so i did. Being a moderator allows me that access so when i saw that i could unlock it i did. If one moderator locks it can another unlock it. Maybe i inadvertently locked it on a previous visit.
April 5, 2017 at 11:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

You'll be able to un-lock it at any time. I think the only thing you can't do is delete or modify a calendar event that another moderator has put in (from memory).

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

April 8, 2017 at 4:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel
Loved flying your new Old Timer yesterday Vince. Looks like a flying piece of art. A few tweeks and it will be a lovely and relaxing model to fly. Especially on mode 2!...
--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

April 12, 2017 at 6:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mick

Hi all I,m sad to announce that Jason from the Pittsworth club is leaving the hobby all his gear is up for sale some on Rc trader. So if you are interested in something let him know.  :(

--
Don't forget to have fun :D
April 13, 2017 at 1:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vince

Hi Cel,  Thank you very much for your input yesterday.  The Spook was virtually uncontrollabe, until you tweeked it.   Following some adjustments at home, I went out to check it this afternoon.

Well look out Bladder cup, it's sheep stations for us, she was thermalling like a champion, had turn onto short final somewhere over Pittsworth, so that I wouldn't overfly the strip.

Thank you for your input Cel.

April 13, 2017 at 2:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Yeah Marcel. ...didn't know you could run so fast ....but you saved the day for the Spook.... :)
April 13, 2017 at 5:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grumpy
Before anyone asks, I sold my mini bixler for parts. Well, for the parts i could find. As Queen once said, " Another one bites the dust".
April 15, 2017 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Sorta bites ya wallet too....lol
April 16, 2017 at 9:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Martin
Administrator

Kennyglide - have you changed your email address or maybe your mailbox is full as my latest email to you has bounced. Please advise me of your new address if that is the case. Thanks.

April 18, 2017 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide
Yeah Martin Thanks ,should be ok now .....Ken
April 19, 2017 at 1:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel
Thanks for flying my tug for me today Tony. It was fun, but I don't know how our nerves would go doing that for an hour or two in an attempt to get that trophy... I have no idea how to prevent the nose on the tug from rising so severely when it's under load. Heaps more power would help, as then it would climb like Kennyglides rocket-with-flexible-wings, as demonstrated today. I've read that it's a sin to tow from the tail, replicating full-size practise. If I remounted the engine to get the centre of thrust closer to the line of the tow hook, that might help, but I don't know if I'm keen enough to see it through. Thanks Peter T for suggesting tying the tow line to a string strung between the front wheels, but it brings to mind old western movies where they would have a low slung rope stretched across the ground to trip charging horses, causing them to nose-plant into the ground. We certainly aren't aiming for that when we're all competing for cattle stations... or are you trying to take out Reilly's opposition before they even enter..?
--

May 21, 2017 at 1:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Thanks to everyone who turned out at the field today. A nice relaxed general fly session. And who knows one day if we keep it up we will see Greg actually fly a plane. If his Spektrum thingy is up to it. Maybe even a Corsair he is rumoured to have. Thanks again everyone.
--

May 21, 2017 at 4:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Yes Dave it was a good day for flying today. Thank you Dave & Steve for the morning smoko. Cel, if we can organize a plane with a 20cc in the front, it would probably tow the glider to stanthorpe & back in time for the Bladder cup. Putting a 90 in the front of the stick would make it a bit faster but if you want that sheep station, Tony's big stick would be the go!!! How about an elastic tow rope??. I havent taken the Big Corsair out to the new field yet, until the grass is firmer, will probably take her out for a taxi up & down the strip sometime soon, when no one is around.

May 21, 2017 at 7:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

I did contemplate using an elastic tow, but seeing how easy it was to begin to overtake the tug, I'm imagining that my glider might sling-shot into the back of the tug or shoot straight past. Then we'd both be flat spinning... Usually a weak link is installed as part of the tow-line. I'm going to experiment to see what to use. I'm fortunate that the knot failed that time it pulled really hard. The weak link needs to be just forward of the glider, as the glider can't release unless there's tension on the rope. I flicked the release just prior to one "Twang", but it didn't let go until it did actually Twang.

More horsepower would certainly fix the pitching up problem. More power and you'd just let it soar, as the tow line is nice and tight when we were heading straight up! The problem we had was that the glider was stalling and dropping wings during the steep climb before the Stick was on several occasions.

A petrol powered 20cc.... If I had access, I'd tell Merry to start putting my name on the trophy right now. All I'd need to do is to sticky-tape some binoculars to the rim of my hat, climb steeply for 30 minutes or so, then glide to victory!

Peter T, I forgot to thank you for retreiving and dusting off my glider following one of the failed take-offs. Thanks.

Thank you everyone for your support during this experiment. Especially Tony D. 

I'd ask Kennyglide for a tow from his Whizzixler next time, except it's eklectic-powered and I don''t want to encourage him to continue his visit to the dark side.

--

May 22, 2017 at 6:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Excellent conditions this afternoon. Steve showed us an inverted hymelick (spelling optional)manoeuvre. Vince maidened his new beautifully finished structurally flawed old timer (no ailerons). With minimal trim it flew sedately and serenely much like a great ocean liner on a glassy sea. Pretty to watch. Hope to see some of our bladder cup tragics compete with the visitors on the weekend.
--

May 25, 2017 at 4:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

Dave W at May 25, 2017 at 4:44 AM

Excellent conditions this afternoon. Steve showed us an inverted hymelick (spelling optional)manoeuvre. Vince maidened his new beautifully finished structurally flawed old timer (no ailerons). With minimal trim it flew sedately and serenely much like a great ocean liner on a glassy sea. Pretty to watch. Hope to see some of our bladder cup tragics compete with the visitors on the weekend.

Hymelick manoeuver is an understatement, I only had 4 stick controls on the transmitter and think I used about 6 to create that manoeuver. It may not have looked the best manoeuver, but at least it helped with some of the mowing in the out-field. Needles to say my garbage bin is full tonight, and a new plane under construction. (it is always interesting to see how the insides of some of these models are constructed)

May 25, 2017 at 5:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel
So... who's saving up for a great big glider and a big expensive winch that could pull a truck? I quite like being married, so I'll pass, but I'm sure that there are other members out there that aren't chicken! Dave? Go on...
--

May 28, 2017 at 3:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Marcel those gliders are like boats. Don't own one. Be very good friends with someone who does.
--

May 28, 2017 at 6:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jason heard

does anyone have any 11x8 props spare

--

June 8, 2017 at 2:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Hi Jason. I don't have one but that's a hell of a lot of pitch what do you want to put that on?
June 9, 2017 at 4:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Wednesday, Aug 23 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, Aug 27 at 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Aug 30 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Thursday, Aug 31 at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Recent Videos

94 views - 0 comments
437 views - 1 comment
960 views - 2 comments
1717 views - 0 comments