Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Lets chat about RC

kennyglide
All going well i should be there...... :)
June 26, 2017 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Cloudy tomorrow but negligible wind. 4 starters for the Wednesday fly at this stage. Hope to see more.
June 27, 2017 at 3:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mick

I would like to thank everyone for there support today. The only day I was prouder aeromodeller  is when I was flying as a representative of the club on the opening day

--
Don't forget to have fun :D
July 2, 2017 at 5:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
There has been some interest in the dual receiver connection system that Toddy and I have successfully trialed. The system allows for any pilot using any 2.4 transmitter flying any mode to bind their receiver to an aircraft. The second pilot can do the same again regardless of make and mode. So with the flick of a switch you can have one person maiden and trim an aircraft and then using the chosen switch hand control to the second pilot. I was told of it at TARMAC by a visitor there. It was marketed then as the ASSAN system but I think Hobbyking has branded over that name and I now found it with a search on Hobbyking using A-DualREC. Currently only available at their Global (Chinese) site. You need a pack of 10 female to female leads. I used 20cm length ones to allow some latitude in mounting the two receivers and dual receiver connector. There are some videos on U Tube. I like the guy in NZ. I think it is RCModelReviews. Assan review
July 9, 2017 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
One thing that some people may ask. If one person trims the aircraft. That trim does not transfer back to the other pilots transmitter when they swap control. What we found was Steve told me what the plane was doing before switching it to me and I was ready to compensate. You could even consider pilot one landing then pilot 2 matching trim controls as best as possible before going up again.
--

July 9, 2017 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

I think the system/concept is one of the greatest devlopments in RC training in many years. Both Dave and I were a little worried at first flight to say the least, but it worked brilliantly. Only problem we had was a bot of old gummed up oil in the tank which caused the engine to dead-stick twice, but managed to land it safely both times.A really good investment for any new pilot training.

On another note, what a great day we had on Sunday. Greg put out a call to arms and about 10 members turned up to the field. Perfect coditions, some great flying followed by tea and coffee and bicky's and some really good friendly chit-chat. Flying display of the day went to Tony D. Lots of conversation  about his low level flying skills. (I won't say anymore, I'll let you all ask him about it, and possibly he may demonstrate the manouver again one day????)

July 10, 2017 at 12:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mick

sounds to be just what im looking for to help some possible new members. was it hard to setup? also I would like to put farward to the next meeting that we have a training plane up here at Stanthorpe as I have nothing suitable.

--
July 10, 2017 at 2:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Watching the video of the week brings home how big the American & EU treat their RC flyers. Looking at the airfield & facilities these guys have is just amazing. The crowds that are their and the aircraft that are on show is fantastic. As a club in it's infancy, we can grow into a first class airfield, not as big as some of our bigger clubs on the east coast but a more relaxed place to fly and share our knowledge & friendships. As Neil Tank said at our opening, Drone racing will be a game changer for RC flyers and we can take advantage of this, if we go about it the right way. 1st we need a sub committee to start the process. I reckon that Dave W & Toddy's foray into the experimental new ASSAN system will change how we tackle the problem of mix & matching RX's & TX's. I have heard that some club's only use mode 1 and Spektrum or JR or Hitec equipment which limits people's choice, so this ASSAN system is a game changer.

July 10, 2017 at 6:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cel

My former club was a bit like that GBAR. Not on purpose, but because transmitter brands wouldn't talk the same language and Buddy Leads were only just beginning to appear anyway. Our instructors mainly had JR gear at that time. I was a black sheep running Hitec and Spektrum hadn't been invented yet. 

Bring on the ASSAN/A-DuelREC! The only negative I can see is the time fiddling with a potential member's model trying to fit it all in. That can't be helped... at least they'll get to see their model fly!

--

I love Eklectric powered things... my phone, my cordless drill, my toaster, my shaver...

But that's where it ends!! THINGS THAT FLY NEED REAL ENGINES!!!   :D

July 10, 2017 at 7:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

Mick at July 2, 2017 at 5:30 AM

I would like to thank everyone for there support today. The only day I was prouder aeromodeller  is when I was flying as a representative of the club on the opening day

GOOD ON YA MICK .....knew you would get it .... Congratulations :)
July 10, 2017 at 8:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Hi Steve. Was Tony D demonstrating low flying or a Harrier Carrier takeoff if attempted by an Ag Wagon. I will have to ask him. The Assan system didn't take long to install. You're really just fitting two receivers to a plane through the connection. It certainly wasn't as finicky as I've seen Spektrum receiver wireless binding. Already three of us have purchased or are in the process of purchasing them. Marcel and Peter T we were never really able to bind my Hitec 9X to anyone elses. This system can be moved from plane to plane as your skills increase and you need to experience new aircraft. Or left there to buddy someone else. Many have Spektrum transmitters and Greg has mentioned the new V2 Spektrum receivers are cheap and much better quality. Mick I believe those two chaps last week already had their own planes. If either has one suitable to be a trainer. You could teach them to fly their own aircraft. If there is an downside. I haven't found it yet.
--

July 10, 2017 at 5:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

I'am not sure Mick but I think JR's old high wing trainer w/- OS46 nitro is still down at Nicks place. I will ring Nick & see if it is still operational, just needs fuel.

July 10, 2017 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jason heard

Theres the link for it if anyone wants on https://hobbyking.com/en_us/wireless-buddy-box-system-8ch-dual-rx-controller.html

--

July 10, 2017 at 8:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

You old fraud DW. Ofcourse we can bind my Aurora to ur TX or Marcels!! You never asked me to do it. What a load of crap!!!!! Although from what Ive seen of the Assan?? it may be a better option??

--

July 11, 2017 at 4:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

Hi Mick had a talk with Nick about the trainer he has, its a Frontier 40 with a Boomerang wing on it, different profile but fly's beautifuly. Would make a good trainer. Just have to plug in a ASSAN/buddy box system into it & give it a try. I think Nick is coming down this weekend for the club day. Will talk more with him about it. Cheers 8)

July 12, 2017 at 6:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mick

Sounds good Ive ordered 1 assan but I may need two if all these guys join. I have two transmitters that are vary complicated two pair so with the assan and frontier I will be able to setup a plane for any members comming or living at Stantorpe or Warwick when Im down there.

--
July 12, 2017 at 3:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Tonight on Air Crash Investigation. The Death of an Apache. On legal advice Toddy is declining any comment pending the outcome of the investigation.
--

July 22, 2017 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

It wasn't me and I have 12 other witnesses to support me.

July 23, 2017 at 2:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dave W
Last time I spoke with you it was 7 witnesses. They've been interviewed by the authorities. They weren't watching. Something about some chick named Snow White.
--

July 23, 2017 at 4:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Toddy

The truth about the apache incident was that it was just a way for me to promote my new tree lopping bussiness.

July 23, 2017 at 8:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

FPV
by GBAR 1 months ago
by Cel 2 months ago
by Cel 5 months ago

Upcoming Events

Sunday, Oct 15 at 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday, Oct 18 at 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Thursday, Oct 19 at 12:00 PM - Monday, Oct 23 1:00 PM
Sunday, Oct 22 at 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM