Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Indoor Flying

Peter Earl
Administrator

I thought the first indoor flight night at WIRAC last night was a load of fun. Thanks to everyone who organized the event and hopefully  we can continue to hold more such nights.

The only downside was that crappy plane I took along. Mark did very well with his extremely gay aircraft   :) which by the end of the night showed us all up.

So with that said I need a new plane and have started my search. So far I have my eye on the below selection from hobbyking.

Ready to fly for $36.00

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=22408

My own TX/RX for $55.00

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=18031

Ready to fly for $40.00

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=18872

And just to be different..... Ready to fly $47.00

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__16369__Kyosho_AutoKite_2_4Ghz_Blue_RTF_.html

July 28, 2012 at 5:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

I agree, great night out. If you dont mind a piggy back I'd be interested if you get one .

--

July 28, 2012 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GBAR

It was a good night, plenty of laughs!!. There are plenty of cheap micro planes & heli's out there, the little Cessna looks to be a great buy for $55.00.thinking,thinking,maybe!!. It might be worthwhile to buy a few of these planes & have them for sale to other members or the public and have a few heli's for the visitors to muck around with???. John W and myself went around to the shops this morning and @ Jaycar the more heli's you buy the cheaper they are. Toyworld would'nt come down on any prices.

July 28, 2012 at 9:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Earl
Administrator

I'm thinking about the Micro 182 .... the first one on the list but I'm not sure how that one will go for beginners. I think the Autokite might also be a nice slow flyer from the reviews.

That might be a good one for you Pete if you don't mind the look of it. Either that one or the Micro J3 Cub

July 28, 2012 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

I like the cub (seeing as we know how they went), what would the price be landed here??

would have to be Mode 1

--

July 29, 2012 at 3:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

P.S. 2 off my boys would like the J3 cub as well. (so thats 3 for us!!)

--

July 29, 2012 at 3:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Earl
Administrator

The cartage would be about $66.00 for 4 x planes (3 for you and 1 for me) I also allowed for 3 x extra batters at 90c each. (1 x spare for each plane)  So if we split it four ways that's $16.50 per aircraft.

That puts the J3 at about $56.00 landed with 1 x extra battery.

They are Mode 1 - Mode 2 switchable according to the write up.

I am going for the Micro 182.....

What do you think ??

July 29, 2012 at 4:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

Great, was trying to work out the postage.The kids would like 3 batteries per plane. @ $60 each we would go for them.( or there abouts)

--

July 29, 2012 at 4:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Earl
Administrator

Pete, the cartage is now a little dearer for some reason.... works out at $67.00 per unit with 3 x batteries each ...... I just sent you an email

July 29, 2012 at 6:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DANDO

Could I be included on the order for a J3 as well please , Wired have these for about $125

Thanks Dando

July 29, 2012 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Earl
Administrator

No worries Dave, I'm waiting to here back from Pete today before I place the order. The cartage was the standard one which I would assume would take about 3 week for delivery.

July 29, 2012 at 6:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Earl
Administrator

Dave and Peter T, I just placed the order and sent you both emails.

Regards

Pete

July 30, 2012 at 7:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kennyglide

Wow , i just arrived back ..... you guys are going for it  ....great.  Had a look in Wired but couldn't settle on one as i wasn't sure if the whole thing was going ahead.  Asked him about one of those " Gay" planes as it felt nice to fly and flew for an incredible amount of time on one little battery, but alas he doesn't stock them. Thinking of building a Sumo Micro but will have to chase up some EPP....not easy to find. These little fellows are good for indoor 3D and have the propeller in the middle... so fairly tough when they hit the deck.They also do "Vertical Take Off" and there are plans for both the Micro and the Full size version which can be made of Depron or Coreflute  but Epp for the Micro as it needs to be very light. 

August 3, 2012 at 7:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Earl
Administrator

A big box arrived today with 6 shinny new planes ....... they look great :)

I need to get them to you guys in Stanthorpe because I wont be here for the next indoor fly-in.

Anyone coming to Warwick Let me know

August 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Professor Reilly

Yes, dad and I should be down next club day.

--
August 20, 2012 at 6:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter T

Peter let me know if you can't make Sunday?

--

August 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Earl
Administrator

Pete, I will be there in the morning before heading to the north coast so I will bring them along for you.

August 21, 2012 at 5:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Byrne

Hi Guys, A fun night at Indoor on 31/8/12 lots of members and new faces, its great to see members of our little town coming down to fly and chat, one new guy was a fighter pilot, very interesting guy, it proves you just dont know what the talents are of the towns folk are. Some damaged planes but all will fly again, lots of heli's. Gregs bomerang trying to fly with no wings, absolutley halarious..  till next time..

August 31, 2012 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Earl
Administrator

Sounds like I missed out on a good night. I also have limited access where I am at the moment so its hard to post. Hopefully I will be able to come to another indoor night  soon and try out my new micro plane.

Regards

Pete

September 1, 2012 at 6:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Byrne

Hi Guys, on our next indoor we will have some light hearted competitions for heli's and fixed wing, nothing stress full just something different to do on the night. the winners will recieve something worth lots and lots of money,,Ha Ha. well maybe not lots and lots, just some money

September 4, 2012 at 7:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

137 views - 0 comments
492 views - 1 comment
1015 views - 2 comments
1795 views - 0 comments