WAM Forum
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Printable Version

+- WAM Forum (https://www.wamqld.com/forum)
+-- Forum: WAM General Discussions (https://www.wamqld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Building & Constructing Model Aircraft (https://www.wamqld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design (/showthread.php?tid=10)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Celwin - 18-07-2019

... I spied with my little eye, someone beginning with K, trying to sneak out of Bunnings with multiple sheets of corflute, MDF and a set of jigsaw blades... I guess he's looking to be busy...

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - gbar7217 - 19-07-2019

(18-07-2019, 07:55 PM)Celwin Wrote: ... I spied with my little eye, someone beginning with K, trying to sneak out of Bunnings with multiple sheets of corflute, MDF and a set of jigsaw blades... I guess he's looking to be busy...
Yes it seems that the MIG7 electric version is way to small for some!! Now the larger version with a 46 or 55 nitro mounted in front is the way to go!!. Dan has finished his fuselage and it is working on the wings maybe he will be the test pilot.

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - KENNYGLIDE - 19-07-2019

Yeah the electric version may be too small but it definitely won't be too slow......got hold of some nice 3mm ply in small sheets at Olsens today ..for the formers. And Marcel are the no secrets in this town? Lol.

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Celwin - 31-07-2019

Dan's Mig is looking far too good to be a cheap and dispensable coreflute model.
Good on you Dan. We're all looking forward to seeing how it goes... using a REAL ENGINE!

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Celwin - 06-08-2019

As I drove in the gate on Sunday, it was awesome to see Dan's MIG already in the air. It certainly looked like a warbird as it headed towards us. Heaps of grunt with the brand new OS 55AX in the nose. I'll be putting a 46AX in mine, so it won't be as awesome in performance.
It certainly looked like it was worth adding landing gear and a tailwheel for steering on the ground. Well done Dan. You are inspiring.

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - KENNYGLIDE - 12-08-2019

Yeah Dan and Michael ....beautiful work and as Marcel said a real inspiration....and a great incentive to keep this SPAD building thing alive ...we now know these planes can fly well and look great.....this could be a real game changer for the club ...just wondering if it would be worth getting a small generator for our glue guns , saws, drills etc so we could step up the building/repair activities of all types of planes at the clubhouse....a sort of men's shed affair.??

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Celwin - 27-08-2019

Kennyglide just sent me some photos of his finished Mig airframe. Looks good! Engine and servos to go.
The race is on now...

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - KENNYGLIDE - 08-09-2019

Any chance of resurrecting the open class pylon racing??

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - KENNYGLIDE - 09-09-2019

Just thinking the original pylon racing ( similar to the Dave Warwick version) where we are timed individually may be a suitable adjunct to the Scanner racing as we will now have a few SPADS that people like myself can afford to fly like we stole em. Speaking for myself I find it less confusing to fly one at time ...could be to do with age....just putting it out there to see what other people think......???

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - KENNYGLIDE - 17-09-2019

After watching the Scanners race on the weekend , and the number of planes that could have raced either singly or in pairs or whatever ..and couldn't as there is no format for an open class as yet...... I can definitely see there is a niche for other kinds of racing as well. ....this would allow a number of members with suitable planes that are not Scanners... (they could also participate...)... to be involved in some racing .......Dave tried to get the pylon racing up a while ago and it was cancelled for various reasons...some of us just didn't want to wreck our planes....we now have Corflute as an option for those who are want to build a cheap tough plane.........When Dave tried to get the pylon racing off the ground we didn't even have Scanners in our vocabulary and we now have Scanner pilots who are experienced in pylon racing.......since then we have a beautiful new clubhouse and shade cover etc ...in short we are a lot more comfortable and settled. ..we have a place to build we have templates for the small electric MIG and also for the 30% Larger MIG.suitable for Nitro Motors. If people want to go for a particular class where we are all on an equal footing, I personally would like to see a class for the smaller MIG similar to the one I have got and Greg is currently building. It is very cheap to build as it only requires small servos..and we could detune it.... (it is very fast on 4S)....down to 3S. 2200 mah batteries ., which most people have already got in their flight box.We could build these on mass at the clubhouse .....or any other Corflute if we thought they may be more suitable,,,,,,, enough said...anyone reading this , if you are interested please Reply to this post with any ideas etc, ...this is all about making our CLUB bigger better and more exciting on our Club Days.....