WAM Forum
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Printable Version

+- WAM Forum (https://www.wamqld.com/forum)
+-- Forum: WAM General Discussions (https://www.wamqld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Building & Constructing Model Aircraft (https://www.wamqld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design (/showthread.php?tid=10)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Celwin - 18-09-2019

Let's do it Kennyglide. It may not be able to happen on our cup day, but once we have our own lights, there'll be no stopping us and we could set up real quick.

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Peter T - 25-09-2019

Hi Ken, thanks for the pic. How does it go? There is a few corflue spads up here too. Things r good here for me, and we had some rain last night. 1st I have seen for ages.

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Celwin - 25-09-2019

We missed you at our last Scanner day Peter T.
Rain! What's that!

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - gbar7217 - 26-09-2019

Kennyglide maiden the mig7 yesterday to a round of gasps and applauseĀ from the gallery, it flew brilliantly, just a bit of trimming. Well done Kennyglide!! Now it is Marcel's turn to conjure up his mig7 but you'll probably need to install a 55 in the nose to keep up. I was looking at finishing my smaller electric version but I might just have to find the time to build the larger version. I think Ray Frahm is looking at having a friend of his cutting up all the pieces on a laser cutter, which will halve the time. I think the Toyworld shop in town still have a couple of OSĀ  55s for sale.

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Celwin - 26-09-2019

How much are they in Toyworld? I was hoping a 46 was enough...
Dammn those Jones' and the need to keep up!

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Peter T - 26-09-2019

Well Marcel, thats all YOUR fault. If u didnt go on about elecy motors and tooth brushes, (Lol!) u could still have had a 46. Now u started everyone off, u just gotta go with the flow. Come across an Apachie and a Corby Starlet the other day. Will use my spare 55 in it. Am having trouble getting planes out of the trailer, its so full and nowhere to put them. Just using the Assassin ftm.

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - gbar7217 - 26-09-2019

Last time I looked they were $219, so I might grab one in the morning. I'll be building my other scanner in the next few days, so I might trace around the fuselage and wing and tail feathers for future builds. A scanner made of corflute with a 46 in the nose should be still competitive.

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - KENNYGLIDE - 30-09-2019

Corflute Scanner..sounds interesting........Marcel .46 would be worth a try..before you spend money on a .55....see how the .46 goes...they seem to Rev higher than the .55...and have plenty of power...they pull those Scanners around at a cracking pace......probably wouldn't be that much difference .....

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Celwin - 30-09-2019

I have a 55, but I wanted to put that in something aerobatic like a Sbach, Edge or Extra or the like. That's what it came out of. I have a 46, but Catherine will be claiming that for her Scanner. I'm hunting for one on RC Trader. I wonder if Dennis' mate down south might have another old 46 like the one Dennis has in his Black Horse model. That is putting out an extra 1500 to 2000 revs over my OS46AX II! That's amazing!

RE: "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design - Peter T - 01-10-2019

Marcel, there was one on rc trader the other day for $90, go back a few days and c if its still available? (46AX) I saw a lecky scanner y/day. Had been flown once but put the wind up the pilot, 2 twichy. weather has been great, little bit of rain. They have some big leckys up here, eg, boomerang 60 on a 6 cell. Keep the posts going, been a bit quiet the last week.