Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
The Spad forum is not dead ...it's just resting....I'm hoping for a resurrection at some stage when we have enough interested members to go ahead with a single plane type that will suit all involved....if we try to build from more than one plan..it would be too labour intensive and confusing.....whatever plane we decide on I will build one first to be sure it flies well .....We.will need at least 4 or 5 people to go ahead ....anyway just putting it out there to see who is interested in what....we now have the space so let's use it.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
How about we finish off the mig 7? then try that hugh one as a slopey with an electry tooth brush motor in it? I reckon, do the one we have, same as u did, then the larger version. We already have the plans, some have been started, just need to finish it?
Yeah Peter ...since you are the only person building the small MIG bring it to the clubhouse and I will show you how to progress with it ....... what I envisage is a group of us getting together to build a plane that will suit relative beginners through to experienced flyers....this build is intended to help present and future members to learn about the mechanics of RC flight while at the same time getting a tough and affordable plane......
There are plenty of plans available on the net, search SPAD RC PLANES.... , I just need feedback on what type of plane club members are interested in building..... and as previously stated I will build one first to ensure it does fly. I will see if I can come up with a few plans and post the links in the near future but first I need EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST for me to be able to take this next step...... PS Marcel is building a 30% larger GLOW version of the MIG7 ..and I intend to build a similar one probably with wheels..... but this is a separate build and would not be suitable for all club members but if enough people are interested we could look at that as well.............................. Here is a link to some SPAD BUILDS... ideas that may suit......... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thumbgal...starter=no
Hi Kennyglide,
I would like to build a Mig 7 after watching yours fly and I know a few other members would do the same and we need to sit down one day and work out what is needed.
So we need to organise days to set aside for a build and members have to turn up to these days to participate in the build. no excuse's!! be there. If you get 5 Migs 7s lined up for a race
around plyons you have a race, equal!! There are members who are willing to make bigger Mig 7s Okay!! but lets build some smaller ones first.
Angel
Sounds promising ...we know they fly..
N there's a few plans laying around..Peter T has one cut out ..if we can get another 3 or so we'll go for it.....?
I agree. even if we only get 2 - 3 started, I think actually doing them, others will watch and join in. Like Greg said, start with the smaller one and work our way up. Id like the really big one, but where do I fly it?
You'd need a big mountain to fly that 3m MIG..... Marcel, just wondering if you know how much corflute required for each small MIG?
Im going to measure mine over the next few days too.
I used a mixture of small and larger sheets for my bigger one and started to take note of how much was used, but then messed it up so now I have no idea... if that helps... I might have to print and glue another set in both sizes to make sure.
Is Kennyglide thinking of having each person cutting out their own from templates or make them like on youtube, as in making them as a production line. One person cutting and assembling 4 fuselages, one person cutting and assembling 4 wings etc.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Probably be able to sort out the sizes required from the templates down at the club house anyway ...Thanks anyway Marcel......cutting is going to be awkward at the clubhouse due to not having power....I was thinking , marking the parts out on the corflute at the clubhouse. And then each person takes their ready marked sheets of corflute home and cut them out the best way they know how......doing it at the clubhouse would be very time consuming and difficult i feel.....as there are a lot of pieces.......once cut, bring all the prepared parts back to the clubhouse and we assemble them as a group. The other problem is the glue gun ...we need good , larger and very hot glue guns ......and POWER....These are simply suggestions ....brainstorming. .....please if anyone can come up with other ways to simplify this build .. post them on this forum