Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
    I would like to build something like this.....as simply as possible...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
The Corrowatt looks like a good basic starting point for a corflute fuselage ... with a few alterations...in the absence of American Gutterpipe....... may need to increase the size to hold the fuel tank ect but the length looks right...  probably make the top of the fuse straight so as to allow FOR positioning of the wing for C of G..To view the fuselage plan go to the Spad To The Bone  site and look up Corrowatt...as it is a PDF i cannot download it onto the forum.... small pic of the Corrowatt.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Hi Kennyglide, I think you might be onto something here. The Corrowatt would be a good trainer to start with and be agile enough for pylon racing. I'll jump on the website and have a look at the plans. We'll need about 5 to 10 members to get on board to make the project worth while and cost effective, plus building it as a project together in the club house.
Angel
Hi Greg, i have not been able to find the wing plan for the CORROWOT... it is obviously a simple flat wing .... going by the other 46 size plans it will have a wingspan of 48".....i would like to keep the wingspan to 1200 mm =.47 mm n a bit " as that is the size of the corflute.. so we could make the wing out of a single piece to keep it simple.

The chord may need to be a tad wider . but as long as we keep the wing area to a similar size, things should work out........ Apparently there is a chance we may be able to legally travel within a 50 klm radius of our homes next weekend...so i guess there is nothing to stop us going to the club house ... sticking to the social distancing rules... just not sure about the numbers .. if someone can enlighten me on that please do...
    [attachment=108                                                                              I like the look of this one.... THE DAGGER....a couple of small alterations...maybe a few  extra few inches on the fuse length ...it's fairly short being a combat plane...47" wingspan ties in beautifully with the 1200mm width of the corflute sheeting... the wing will be a single piece....Has good detailed plans and a simple construction ...as we have no suitable gutter pipe in OZ. will have to make the fuse  out of corflute...unless someone can come up with an alternative !....Go to SPAD TO THE BONE for the complete plans.

Here is a couple of pics.....

Attached Files Image(s)

If this is the one Kennyglide, how is the best way to replicate the fuselage you think. The Mig called for an upside down U, with a bottom glued on which suited it well with the full-size being like that anyway (rounded top). With this one being square, it could be built the same or perhaps stronger, being made with all 4 sides from one cut and fold.
Thanks for e-mailing me the plan.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
I was thinking a similar shape to the gutter pipe, maybe a little larger at the front to accommodate the fuel tank eccetera. I printed the plans out tonight.. not full size.. i will have a look at them tomorrow and see what I come up with. I dismantled my first corflute plane "THE SPADULATOR" today... The one with the Evolution 45 motor.... So I have all the parts, just need to add corflute..
Do we know what width a yardstick is? It calls for one (or was it 2) to be the spar for the wing. It gives no indication how wide one is, as this sets the thickness if the wing.

It also shows everything inside the fuse to be mounted to another one, so that most if the radio gear is easily removable/transferable to another model. Good idea.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Good question...they can be purchased at Office Works ...a metre stick !... I'm just guessing but I wouldn't be surprised if an imperial yard stick is 1 inch wide. ?.. the plan recommends two yard sticks in the wing and one for the mounting of the fuel tank radio gear battery eccetera.... would probably get away with 1 yard stick depending on how strong it ....I used an aluminium spar in the SPADULATOR..... From Bunnings.. I think it may be for around flyscreens... I will put a picture of it up shortly...would also be interested in how much the gutter pipe weighs . Overall I am very happy with how detailed this plan is... Much better than some of the other SPAD plans ..BTW... Anyone out there have a spare OS 46 or 55 that they would like to sell??
Ask Dennis!!
Angel
Thanks Greg.