Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
Hi Ken, yeah I had a look 2 just b4, I found a nice Spadto the bone , called " the sickle" Can use with a nitro. should please Marcel. http://www.spadtothebone.org/PDF/Sickle.pdf Mayb this might b worth a go 2. c "www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index" apparently this has a link, or a table of finding the C O G of Delta wings. Might b worth a look.
Yeah "SICKLE" looks interesting ..... here is the link to the PLANS for the" DAVE WEST MIG 7 COMBAT PLANE"...... http://westaero.wingedshadow.com/ .... I notice the plans come as a compressed ZIP file ... if possible could someone please convert this file to a PDF and put it on the WAM site or send me an attachment via my email. I will then be able to make a start on the first TEMPLATES ect. providing all are in favour of making a start on this plane at some stage ...maybe after the new club house is up . This is a great LINK to the RC GROUPS MIG 7 SCRATCH BUILD SITE..... plenty of videos of the MIGS SLOPE SOARING and scroll right to the bottom to see heaps of great looking MIG 7s..... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre...atch-build
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Ken, I downloaded it last night. Don't know if I can get it 2 a PDF, but I can bring it 2 u on a USB stick. (if u have PDF? ) Had a look last night. Would b good if we got it 2 go like that.
YAY!!! I'm in this time!!
I have a brand new ASP 15 to use. Not as impressive as the OS25 of course, but still looks like fun.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Good Peter.... No hurry ..my problem is I CAN download it as a ZIP.file, but CAN'T convert it to PDF... I see Greg mentioned pylon racing ....these MIGS would be great for that ... wouldn't have to worry as much about biting the dust .. just get the pre-made template out and cut the replacement part...quick cheap and simple repair.
Ok. Well I looked after u said b4, I can print out the file and templates if that helps.
Templates would be real good Peter ?. Yeah Marcel I thought you might drag that little blue head ASP out eventually...?

Marcel, just found a 36" wingspan corflute combat powered by Blue Head ASP15 .... i suspect you may have already seen it..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svpsJiGyxjY
Vince has kindly downloaded the MIG 7 plans and templates ... they are quite well detailed .... i am thinking of making templates of ply, mdf or some other material... they will then be available for people to copy straight onto the corflute.... any ideas on the best choice of material for the templates please let me know . 2mm corflute is required for the wings .and seems to be a bit hard to source ... can get 3mm but not 2 mm locally.... so again any ideas greatly appreciated.
I've just finished gluing some plans together. A bit fiddly, but looks good and is somewhat flat...

I didn't realise (because I didn't look) that the model calls for a 20 to 25 size engine. Drats... don't have one of those... My ASP 15 might be a bit on the 'Scale Power Size' and may not have enough vertical grunt to tow a streamer or something. I have an old Enya 19, but it's kind of too precious to use in a disposable model. I'm going to have to try to sneak a new or second-hand one into the PO Box without anyone noticing. Any ideas on how to do that???
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Can it be scaled down to 36 inch span like the one in the link I posted a couple of posts ago? If you already have the plans glued together for the MIG7 i would love to see them and maybe draw a few outlines on some MDF and make a start on the templates... I'M SPADCITED ? MIG 3 with Magnum Blue Head ....... https://ru-clip.net/video/2BDmuRQn8lk/da...aiden.html