Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design
Thumbs Up 
Hi , anyone who is interested in building their own cheap RC Plane or.... "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design ..... from coreflute ,depron, polystyrene, or any other cheap material...please contact me as i am hoping to get a few like minded people together for a build.  I have been looking at a plane called a TUFFY on the net ,it is a great plane for learners as you can add the ailerons later after learning to fly with elevator and rudder only ....there are many sites where plans can be downloaded... one that comes to mind is  called "Spadtothebone" . I will put some links in my next post .......    Smile   WOW !!! the new  website works so nicely.. 10/10 Heart
(08-03-2018, 06:38 PM)KENNYGLIDE Wrote: Hi , anyone who is interested in building their own cheap RC Plane or.... "SPAD" Simple Plastic Aircraft Design ..... from coreflute ,depron, polystyrene, or any other cheap material...please contact me as i am hoping to get a few like minded people together for a build.  I have been looking at a plane called a TUFFY on the net ,it is a great plane for learners as you can add the ailerons later after learning to fly with elevator and rudder only ....there are many sites where plans can be downloaded... one that comes to mind is  called "Spadtothebone" . I will put some links in my next post .......    Smile   WOW !!!  the new  website works so nicely.. 10/10 Heart

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre...-600-plans-**  Lots of interesting  SPADS here. and .also a link to the TUFFY TRAINER BUILD and PDF Files of plans https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre...x55/page10 ...go to this link for pics of the TUFFY Build...... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thumbgal...starter=no
Looks interesting Kennyglide. Not pretty, but interesting and looks like it could be done in ones shed.
Unlike a bixler, making new sections should be quite easy and cheap!
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Hi Kenny glide. Put me down will u. I got some depron, even have some core flute in stock. Just need showing how its done.
Thanks Kenny.

Please count me in. Very keen to make something like this happen.

Assembly photos are so helpful.
[Image: a2371677-97-Tuffy%201b.jpg]
Is it better to mount the engine upright or inverted? How do you fuel-proof foam?
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
That looks like a picture of the "TUFFY"  no aileron version JR  ?  Smile

(10-03-2018, 09:56 PM)Celwin Wrote: Is it better to mount the engine upright or inverted? How do you fuel-proof foam?
  Marcel..how do you crash proof  a pylon racer ?........  answer  .... fool -proof foam Tongue

Great to see some interest in the SPAD build....    thinking perhaps a mass order to HK for some HXT 9g servos and some foam and other little bits and pieces ,no  big outlay as that is one of the attractions of building these things ... if they bite the dust cheap and easy to repair...i have some motors and a couple of spare bits i can spare .... also heard on the grapevine the President may be able to get his hands on some motors ,escs ,bits and pieces...  anyone else who has some spares they would be greatly appreciated ... put a price on things if you feel the need to ... anyway looking forward to discussing these projects further....... Smile
Another link to lots of  great SPAD ideas ...not so sure about downloading the  plans  though, its not written in  English  so i would be wary , some may cost money or whatever ! Confused ......     https://www.rcflug.ch/plans/models.php      Smile
I’m in
Need help from any wing-nuts out there ..... my little Mikeys pylon racers ailerons work very slowly if at all at high speed..... it has a KF2 airfoil and a flat bottomed wing... the HXT 9g servos i am using should be up to the job as i have used these successfully in larger and also fast aircraft. I strongly suspect it is something to do with the shape of the airfoil. Smile