Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Models
Peter T's experiment with Gyro copters; needs a few modifications after test flight.
Photo's are a bit blurred but not as blurred as the copter is now!!        
Angel
It flew exactly as the full-size ones did on their maiden flights back when I was a kid in the 80's.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Whats wrong Marcel?? The Gyro copter flew around the field quite well. Just because the landing was a bit hard??
Ahhm... I'm not quite sure if flying half a circuit under partial control could be deemed as flying "quite well"...

The out-landing was quite abrupt, that bit I agree with. When I flew Ziggy's or Vince's many years ago, it flew the same, only I fluked a little less than vertical arrival on the tarmac, which chipped the blades a bit from memory.

It's always exciting to see something fly that's a little different. Thanks for the excitement Peter T.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
What do u mean partial control?? It was under full control when it flew, The control seemed 2 disappear when I wanted 2 turn towards the strip 4 landing. Just landed in the paddock instead. Ha!! Yes, is/was a bit different 4 sure. I thought it would fly in a light breeze better, but the Gyro just got blown away.