Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Aeronautics
Hi Brian, I think Marcel may have cracked the rather obscure problem with the DAGGER. He thinks the wing may be lifting upward stretching the rubber bands causing the quick climb and consequent and unnerving flick to inverted flight. I recall you mentioned the rubber bands and I said they worked ok on the first DAGGER...But thinking about it this one has a heavier engine and I noticed today that the problem got worse as the day went on and the rubber bands became greasier possibly allowing more slippage act....so hopefully a very simple fix..
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Leave the rubber bands alone. It's far more exciting to watch as it currently is Kennyglide...  Tongue

It looked lovely to fly once the power was backed off. If it had some sort of vicious tendency because of the design or twisted build, you would likely see that when you were slowing it down to land and it was an absolute pussycat today at such a slow airspeed. 
I think I'm going to encourage Cooper to build one, that way I can obtain permission to help him build and fly it!
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Your'e right Marcel, once the power was backed off, it behaved like a pussycat BUT Kennyglide likes to fly full throttle. The frame would distort at full throttle, the wing would lift and the ailerons would point north. Looking at the ailerons this afternoon, they seem to be in the up position more so. Maybe the tail feathers are mounted too high in relation to the main wing??
Angel
How did you go fixing the exciting pylon-turn pullout Kennyglide?
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
(10-03-2020, 04:10 PM)KENNYGLIDE Wrote: Yeah all makes sense.Thanks...I heard on the grapevine there are some plans for a corflute SCANNER.. anyone else heard of it?

Dennis need one of those,  who has a plan i can borrow...
Dagger appears to have been sorted....one flight only due to weather conditions..... I changed the wing shape from asymmetrical ...a very flat bottom.....to roughly symmetrical....
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile