Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wednesday Flyers
There is some difference of opinion on weather sites about tomorrows weather for our first return into Wednesday flying. What I will do is use my own local observations with the help of the sites and about 2.00pm I will post in this thread whether it is on or not. Official times at this stage 4pm to 6pm. Come earlier and stay later if you want. I will organize the sausage sizzle for tomorrow. First will be a Free Bee then after that a gold coin donation to help make it self funding.
Its looking good so Its on. The worst that can happen is we watch a storm while munching on a sausage sanga. Onions on first of course. Hopefully see a few of you there
Thanks Dave. Was a good arvo. Only 1 person crashed that I know off? Lol!
Yeah ditto Dave , good sausages and onion too...
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Thanks everyone for coming and flying. Flight of the day probably equally divided between Dennis whos old timer sailed around gracefully under minimum revs for ages. Its that big he was able to fly at 1399.99 feet without trouble. Second flight probably Ken who continues to prove that age doesn't mean you necessarily slow down when he flew the wings of his plane. Greg had a minor mishap with his Scanner which we think was a design fault with poorly glued hinges on the tail feathers at the factory. Luckily no structural damage and should be up in the air soon. Greg did successfully maiden Barry's rat plane. If you've seen a rat bike you know what I mean. The pre flight was interesting it was turning around the strip like a whirling dervish but once up she was a little screamer. Good pick up Barry. Dan continues to impress with his plane though his Cub suffered a mishap after a very unusual take off the front end separated from the rest of the craft. Conspiracy theorists believe it may have been deliberate sabotage by the owner who had only shortly before urged Dave to fly it. Skullduggery maybe. Peter proved that properly set up a gyro can be of great assistance except when taxing. Peter your memories are a little different than mine. I think it was not a case of one accident. I think it was more like last man standing. All in all an entertaining outing.

Next Wednesday fly date Wednesday 16th February 2019. Final notification confirming or cancelling will be posted at 1:30pm on the day. Sausage sizzle. Gold coin donation.
So Dave a month away the next fly day ?
Thanks Jason for bringing my error to my attention, as did everyone else who read it. Nice to know that people are watching your back. Lol. That's right its this Wednesday coming 16th January 2019. I will as promised send out a confirmation at about 1:30pm that day. Its looking good but winds threatening to pick up in the afternoon. Too soon to call. Till then Cheers.
It’s possible I’ll bring a friend along. Is there someone coming along who's experienced with the trainer and willing to lend a hand? (I’ve never used it) If not, I’ll just setup a buddy box with one of my touchy but tough foamies
(14-01-2019, 04:05 PM)Liam Walton Wrote: It’s possible I’ll bring a friend along. Is there someone coming along who's experienced with the trainer and willing to lend a hand? (I’ve never used it) If not, I’ll just setup a buddy box with one of my touchy but tough foamies

If you are mode 1 will definitely be someone there to help Liam ****. If you are mode 2...start praying..
?
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Haha your funny