Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scanner Racing
Thanks for entertaining us on Sunday Reilly, none of us were willing to risk our models. I brought two in the trailer, but I just wasn't brave enough to bring either out. I was seriously thinking of bringing Catherine's trainer, as that's expendable, but didn't want to face the possible consequences...

How do we feel about third time lucky? Should we try again next month?

We had a couple (members of the public) who came out to have a look on Sunday who heard about it on the radio.
Today I answered an email generated from an enquiry on our website about a potential member who also heard about it on the radio but couldn't come out to see.
That's two bites! That is a really good result from the radio. Twice as good as putting a note in the newspapers information section! (which we did when the club first formed - before my time but Brian talked about it at the last GM).
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Hi,can anyone tell me what is happening regarding the plans for a corflute SCANNER?
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Just posted in the SPAD section...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Scanner Racing this Sunday, aiming for a 10:00 start. There will be a pilot's briefing before then, so arrival at around 9:30 might be best.

Novelty Sprints are set to start, so bring anything that flies as it's a no-pressure event where you're racing against yourself, not faster models. could even cater for beginning pilots using a buddy-lead system!

BBQ is on, so come along and support our team and eat a sausage or two.
Is Kennyglide coming out with a SPAD to have a go at the Novelty Sprints?
Hopefully next time.
On behalf of the competitors, I'd like to give a big thank you to Barry and Ray F for sitting out in the sun for most of the day pushing buttons for us. Also, a big thank you to Merry and Dawn for running our BBQ. Thanks guys, it was a great day.

Greg and Dennis, sorry for your loss... nobody likes to see that (except for my boys... Greg is Cooper's best friend now because he gave him some pieces of his crashed Scanner).
Cooper may take Reilly's place ... Get all the spare bits and pieces and any old spare planes just laying around in people's sheds...?
Scanner Pylon Racing is on for Sunday the 18th of October, with racing starting at 10.
Pilots briefing at 9:30.

Novelty sprints will be run too if there are entries.
I was alerted today to the fact that our Scanner Racing this Sunday is also Bathurst Day....

Official club reply:
Whoops.

We didn't take that into consideration when we booked the date earlier in the year. Are people still keen to compete and help run it or is everyone going to be at home watching the race?