Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Aeronautics
Next he'll test us again by falsely claiming that eklectic motors make more power than real engines!
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
(30-04-2020, 03:03 PM)Celwin Wrote: Next he'll test us again by falsely claiming that eklectic motors make more power than real engines!

So what are the specs, battery size, ESC, kvs, some electric motors out perform Petro/nitro motors but don't have the staying power. I'll rather fly for 20mins than 5mins.
Angel
Greg....Depends where your at, If tearing around the skies at supersonic speeds is your bag, then you have an argument!! But...It is only one aspect of the craft! With a correctly developed glider it will out fly in "Duration and Speed" any power model you can offer,,,With a whole lot less hassle. The object of a powered glider is to climb to the desired altitude and then switch off. By judicious use of the motor a powered glider can stay aloft for extended periods. Under the right conditions I`ve seen unpowered gliders fly for a couple of hours---in the right hands of course. To buy and fly is one way to get into the air, it appeals to some. But, not to enthusiasts who are interested in the theory of flight and it`s practical application.

Brian C
Brian, I can't get emails to you. They keep bouncing back.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
Yes, it`s been a problem for some time now. I`ve been alerted to it before. Don`t know how correct it.

Brian C.
Have you changed internet provider? I'm currently sending you emails to a bigpond address. I switched to a gmail account quite a while back because we shifted internet providers several times as we shifted to different towns. Gmail is free and doesn't seem to fill up.
Marcel, The only thing that i can think of is there may confusion of a password. I had a number of hiccups with my set up and a number of people have played with it. So I am confused as to where, I`m at with it, at the moment. Since we can`nt leave the house and me being a hopeless with it, I`ll just have to wait till we have better times.

Brian C.
Hi guy`s......The reason that I couldn`t send or recieve emails is that due me not having used the account for 180 days....Even though we were still paying the account l ....Telstra put a block on it. I was`nt aware of this requirement. It must be used in that time..So beware!!

Brian C
They have a crafty way of doing business... We got scammed by Bigpond when we were first married. Never again...
Hi Guys,
Recently we have been discussing wing designs and I thought, their is more to radio control aircraft than just wing design, I know this is Brian's specialty and he has put forward food for thought but we need to branch out.
There are flyers out their that have experiences with various aspects dealing with RC aircraft. We have members that revel in Glow/Nitro motors, they can sit you down with a six pack and bend your ears for hours.                    If you mention electric motors and ESC's, someone will jump in and give you all of the specs for different aircraft. If you don't know the difference between a Ubec or Sbec someone will explain. 
Myself I would like to explain the difference between a digital or analogue servo.
Analog servos operate based on voltage signals (pulses), Digital servos use a small processor to receive and direct voltage pulses, Digital servos are six times faster than analogue servos BUT depending on the application you intend to use them, outlaying money just to have digital servos can be misguided when analogue would suffice. 
The newer versions of Spektrum transmitters and receivers allow alternating between 11ms and 22ms frequency depending on your servo's, you cannot mix them. If you are having trouble with your digital servos not centering or chattering, look into what frequencies you are using. Analogue servos are slower, they use way less power consumption than digital servos and cheaper. In gliders and foamies I prefer analogue servos, why!! because you are never in a hurry with a glider, foamies tend to overreact with digitals and next thing you know you have tip stalled.
If anyone has any questions or comments please jump in.
Next week we will look into what digital servos have to offer vs analogue.
Cheers
Angel