Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Evaluation

Let us know what needs to be explained or changed. Thanks

Your feedback will be much appreciated!
Maybe larger maximum file size for attachments. Can’t find any photos small enough to test out the image adding features
Hi Liam.

Welcome aboard - Consider yourself "UNO WAM" (No. 1)

Good question - I am assuming that you were wanting to use the attachment feature to add images to a posting.

The FORUM by default was set to create a thumbnail when adding an attachment. I have now set the forum to load image full size.

Here is what I produce using a file of 425KB.

Challenge - Can anyone tell me where this photo was taken? When?

What I can't find is where I can change that 500KB max size.

Based on what you see - this is a large image 1366px x 640px. If you have images larger and need to compress them my favourite tool is TinyPNG.. You can batch reduce up to 20 images and that is fine for most applications.

The other thing to note that currently we have a maximum of five (5) attachments set for each post!

I will continue to explore and update this post should I make further changes.

Cheers JR
Hey JR I think the forum it’s great easy to use
I'm not sure if it's possible with this package, but with the previous forum, when you clicked on the thread on the right side of the website, it took you straight to the latest post. This was an awesome feature as it prevented much clicking going through pages of post that you read ages ago.
I do realise though that when you went through the forum via the topics menu, it took you to the very first post (made by our founding members), which was a real pain unless you wanted to wade through hundreds of posts...

Also, it possible to mess with the outside border and background colours? I like the darker grey on our new website. Easier on my squinting eyes once my kids have finally stayed in bed... I realise that it is a work in progress, but some of our members will want to see the finished product before giving it the thumbs up.
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
I have added "New Threads" and "New Posts" to the menu. I would appreciate it, if you would test them out to see if they work? Your comments would be most helpful. Thanks JR
I have discovered how to move posts between forums.

Hence the new Forum - Building & Constructing Model Aircraft

Thank you KENNYGLIDE for initiating this new project. You are a champion!
Today we received a second applicant wanting to join this forum that had an unknown email address. Before saying "Yes" I used some detective work to discover that both originated on servers overseas that possibly has questionable character. Needless to say I rejected their applications.

The reason for this post is to let you know that all future applicants need to answer five more questions when applying.
  1. Full Name (First & Last) - Your First & Last name, No need to hide your identity around here
  2. Location (Suburb or City) - Where in the world do you live?
  3. Bio - Enter a few short details about yourself, your life story etc.
  4. Interest in Radio Control Aircraft - Tell us a little about why you want to join this forum . . .
  5. Transmitter Mode - What mode transmitter do you fly? (Mode 1/2/3/4)
By asking these questions we hope that hackers and trouble makers will no longer appear.
They can go fly a kite instead!
[Image: eddy-happy_sm.jpg]
Hi JR

Turned out my not seeing the Facebook Icon was my latest Microsoft update not reading your script. My wife has set a default to have the Web page open with an old browser Works fine.  Cheers
I notice the Warbirds are on at TAA  tomorrow ....   and cannot see a Sunday fly day for WAM.... has it been  cancelled ? Confused