Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
General Announcements
Any SPAD builders this Sunday....19/8/18..?. please let me ķnow if interested and I will bring the completed Delta and some MDF for a cutting board and a couple of sheets of depron already glued together and ready to be cut to size ...maybe also talk about a corflute project as JR has got his hands on about 10 sheets I believe ...if not enough replies the workshop will be postphoned till the next club day. Cheers Ken.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
Count me in Kenny! Don't even suggest cancelling . . . If it's just you and I there then we have an event!

Yes - I have secured another 10 sheets of corflute - albeit sheets used at the last state election signage.

Since we last meet I have discovered that we can remove the stick-on printing on these banners thus reducing the weight of the sheets and removing artwork. This is best be done after the sheet is cut to size. I have also experimented with heat folding of gift cards and spraying them to remove artwork. I have uncovered my hoard of expired Zarraffa gift cards - so have heaps of those who want them for re-enforcing, framing, skids, horns, and for laying coloured packing tape on to depron or corflute.

Personally I am need of all the electronic pieces - receivers, servos, battery's, charger, testers, props, motors, etc. If you can help me out with surplus pieces . . . that would be great. But next time we gather it would be great to discuss a, best fit all, way of making a consolidated purchase of required essentials.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

Cheers JR
Hope u turn up Kennyglide. I will b there 2. Will get there about 10.30, as Im away till then. Yep mine needs electrics as well. and finishing off. JR, yes please 2 a couple gift cards. Money on them would be great as well. Is there a few Large paddle pop sticks as well please? Am interested in the corflue ones 2, how do they respond flying etc?
I will be there 10.30 ish. ...Just glued some sheets of depron together with PVA glue so enough for 2 more planes there.. if anyone wants to start a build. ..... as to how corflute responds to flying Peter ... as Greg said ..put enough power on a brick and it will fly...just a case of how well. Things to bring if you have them......sharp knife, glue gun , motor mount , servos , servo rods, esc, battery strap, motor , tape,.....we can make control horns out of credit cards ...I will bring a servo rod bender ....and also some MDF for a cutting board. ...not sure about POWER for the glue gun at this point, see what happens..... now we have access to corflute would be fun to experiment and maybe decide on a group build project....thinking something with a power pod set up might be good , then we wouldn't have to worry about motor , motor mount , esc , reciever, and battery, for each
build.
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
I'll be there also kennyglide, too windy to fly 45k winds tomorrow, supposed to be a club day.
Angel
He said in a spirit of good humour......I've looked everywhere, I know we use different sites but I cant find reference to 40+ kilometer winds. I don't think you are supposed to add 10-11am and 11am-12md to get a total. I would hope that on every club day everyone who can, brings a plane capable of flying on the day. If its too windy then so be it but be like the Scouts, come prepared. I would also hope that in the event our warbird day is windy some of our illustrious senior pilots will fly. Not stand back with hands in pockets going..Noooo its too windy. While visitors probably with the same silver wings punch holes in the sky. Perhaps practice in front of friendly eyes over friendly skies will make it less daunting. He closes with the same good humour.
I’ll be out there aswell
Ah!! I thought that the rule was, that if it was too windy to fly then it was a working bee, as in trench digging. Dodgy
Ah well, better late than never. I agree Dave, but we need a plane that copes with the wind, and cheap enough when I hit the ground (hard), that I can replace easily. Thanks JR, and Ken, Learnt some more, am enjoying this build, cant wait till we r in the air.
When are we going to see your new winch Peter T?
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.