Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
General Announcements
I should've renewed a few days ago then
Liam it wouldnt make any difference, the new m/ship doesnt start till 1st July, u r 18 then.
Hi guys. just a reminder. M/ship is due NOW. If anyone is paying by bank EFT, please put ur surname in as reference. There is not enough spaces for ur whole name. I also need ur filled out M/ship form to register u on the maaa site by sunday night or u cant fly. There is a possibility there wont b many flyers coz of going to the coast scanner racing? So leave ur forms in a envelope on the shed table for me to pick up after lunch sunday. My 2 positions will b vacant @ the AGM, so if u want to do them, please volunteer and I could show u what needs doing if u like. All the best.
Have a look at this el cheapo SPAD 46 AX engine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixg0HBrqibo I reckon this could be the plan the YARDWASTE came from,even though it is for a smaller engine ,the wingspan is 48". it is called the DEBUT...for a 25 size motor...go to this site and look in the index to see the plans.... http://www.spadtothebone.net/freeplans.htm
MAKING MODELS IS MEDICINE FOR THE MIND  Smile
This weekend the 21st, SCANNER RACING, the gold coast crew & Brisbane flyers will be present. Sunday is looking really awesome for flying so far, so come along and have some fun!!! Big Grin
Angel
Hi, Jason can you please bring your jigsaw to to the clubhouse tomorrow. ..I am making a bench to fit mine on one end of the bench and I need some measurements to fit your jigsaw on the other end.... as yours is battery powered and we need to cut a part at the club house we can. Cheers Ken
Yeah Dan and Michael ....beautiful work and as Marcel said a real inspiration....and a great incentive to keep this SPAD building thing alive ...we now know these planes can fly well and look great.....this could be a real game changer for the club ...just wondering if it would be worth getting a small generator for our glue guns , saws, drills etc so we could step up the building/repair activities of all types of planes at the clubhouse....a sort of men's shed affair.??
Good turnout of flyers yesterday, only one minor mishap. Getting the simulator up & running also helps new members practice their flying. Merry and Dawn, thank you for the BBQ lunch!!. Good to see Nick and Janet for the day, hope to see more of them on fly days.
Angel
So... I may need some legal advice here, as I feel I'm being held to ransom. I'll share a little of the background first, so that you'll take my side...
A reasonably good friend of mine had a fly of my Scanner a month or so ago and loved flying it, compared to her tatty old trainer. I recently committed to buying a Scanner for the reasonably good friend of mine, as I had a spare engine in my cabinet that I was willing to lend her. While waiting for it to arrive (Thanks Gbar!), I saw on HT Direct that Wot 4's were only $140 plus $15 postage. I had already bought my reasonably good friend of mine a Saito 72 four stroke to put in something, as it was a bargain on RCTrader and she agreed that the Wot 4 was a bargain, so I bought her a Wot 4 as well, as mine has proven to be an awesome Sunday hack.
So now you know the background, here's the ransom demand. She refuses to put any of them together until she's ready... if I even open a bag or test run an engine, she'll claim that I never actually bought them for her and that I bought them because I wanted them. Then I'll be in trouble for spending our money on myself.
Oh... and the worst thing is when I bought the Scanner home yesterday and showed her the box, instead of jumping up and down on the spot whilst clapping her hands gleefully,, she simply said "It's ugly" then turned and left the room! That was a really mean thing to say and that really hurt my feelings.
What should I do guys? How much does a lawyer cost? Do you think I have grounds to seize my planes and engines back?
If I win, she won't feed me any more...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
At this stage we only have 3 members going to the dinner at Chung Hing on the 30th August. If you wish to attend PLEASE write your 
name on the white board in the clubhouse or let Dawn and Brian know so a booking can be made.

BUNNINGS
Thursday 29th there is a Fathers Day night from 5.30pm - 8.30pm. So far I have Dan, Mick, Ken, John, Jason and Greg and I would like 
a couple more because we need 3 to man the BBQ. A display is being put on also. Please let Greg or myself know if you can help.