Greetings Guest!  / Create an account
Guest Join UsHi Guest,
Welcome. Join our awesome Warwick Aero Modellers (WAM) community where you can discuss various topics :-
Flying (Radio Controlled Models)
Fellowship
Fun
Events
Competitions
Much More . . . or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unstable EDF Racer Project
ive now drawn up the wings and the canards. Next step is to run oodles of CFD simulations to get the canard placement right. I want the down wash and tip vortices of the canard to hit the top of the wing which should 'energise' the flow and delay the onset of stall in the rear wing. 
Or:
The canard makes air go whoosh onto the top of the wing so it won’t stall easily.

I've now mounted the nose to the main body with aerofoil struts, given it some foam sections, modelled the battery and EDF mounting and made some vent intakes on the nose. To mount the EDF and the battery, you just remove the top foam sections and slot in the desired part (with velcro or double sided tape).

Hey Liam, I know that you've made some suggestions before, somewhere, but how do these goggles compare to other entry-level goggles?

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR-D2-P...rehouse=CN

Just might be looking to spend some hidden $'s...
 [Image: SaitoFS82b.jpg]Everyone knows that REAL ENGINES are used by REAL men. Eklectic motors are best left for use in toothbrushes and other unnecessary things.
I haven't been following the goggle market for a while but i think they're meant to be kinda decent compared things of the same price. I'll do a bit of research again for those who are interested
(23-02-2019, 10:06 PM)Celwin Wrote: Hey Liam, I know that you've made some suggestions before, somewhere, but how do these goggles compare to other entry-level goggles?

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR-D2-P...rehouse=CN

Just might be looking to spend some hidden $'s...

The ones you linked have quality control issues and are generally fairly low quality. Sadly, everything at that price range is pretty similar. The price range where they start to be reliable and effective is ~$250. I recommend the FXT Viper for most people for numerous reasons:
Decent screen quality, fairly reliable, decent receiver, highly adjustable and fit glasses very well (or so I've read).
https://www.buzzhobbies.com.au/fxt-viper...-hd-in-dvr
If you just want to use the goggles occasionally, the ones you linked will be alright though.

Cameras, video transmitters and antennas are a whole different kettle of fish. I can very easily find some top quality products for <$60 all up